WAG Mobility score to move from Xcel Gold to new level 6 next year

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

juliasmom

Proud Parent
Does anybody know if there will be a mobility score to move from Xcel Gold to the new level 6 next year? If so, what is that score?

Currently, there is no mobility from Xcel to JO. I am not aware of discussions to allow it in the future either. A child CAN move from xcel to JO, but would have to achieve the necessary scores at current level 5 & 6 (or new 4 & 5) first. In my state, a child must "score out" of current level 5 before competing Xcel gold. I am not sure if other areas of the country require this, but if your child has already scored out of current L5, she would only need to achieve the mobility score in current 6 (or new 5) to compete new 6 next year.

Yes, I understand the process that we have been using. I've just heard rumors that starting with the new system next year that there would be a way to score out of Xcel Gold and move straight to the new optional level 6 without having to do new level 5 or old level 6. Just wondering if it was true.

To the best of my knowledge, USAG has not made any announcement about this yet. I haven't heard much about how Xcel will change for 2013 at all. I think that they are still working on putting together an Xcel committee, so I doubt anything is finalized at this point.

also, I could have sworn that I read your original post differently. I think I may be losing it.

Not sure how different it is per region, but during a meeting this fall I heard that starting next year to move directly from xcel to optionals the gymnast would need to be at least 14 and her gym/coach would need to petition her move. I am in region 5.

The way I understood it from some of our coaches was that in order to be able to move up to optionals this fall, the gymnast would need to "score out" (31 AA) of the "clear hip level", meaning that they would need to achieve an AA score of 31 in either a current level 6 meet, or the "new" level 5 in the fall. I'm not sure if that is all completely decided yet, but so far, that is what our coaches have said. I haven't heard anything about ages and such.

Well, I guess what I heard is not true. Everything that I found online is consistent with your information. When will they finalize everything? Everything in gymnastics always seems so last minute. I would think you would have everything in order and ready at least a year before it begins.

bwahahahahahahahahaha^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ "a year before" lololololol....gymnastics= "who's on first".

HA! I know. I'm a little different. I'm a planner, definitely a type A personality. I teach and actually have every day for the entire year planned from day one. I give the students a calendar so they know what to expect each day. At first, gymnastics really stressed me out, but I'm learning to adapt.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back