Parents Mock meet--Meet report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mom2kazkids

Proud Parent
OK here is goes the report of the mock meet that DD had last Friday night. It did not go as I expected, but hey it did not count--we got comments and the girls have 2 weeks to correct things for the real thing.

Beam was up first. Wobbles, short scale and non held dismount. Comments from the judge consisted of rocking horse split leap, and not holding her scale. She was in good company with the rest of the team. The judge commented to her coach that almost everyone did not hold their scale. Coaches comment--I know I can only harp so much. So now we have the scale song that goes something like this: O-M-G I better count 1-2-3 or coach will squish me. Bug assures me even if you say it fast you will still hold the scale for long enough time. SCORE 8.8

Floor was next. A big wobble, not big enough split jump and dragging back leg on split leap. Comments talked about nice tumbling, and needing more height on jumps and leaps and also a flexed foot (I think on the split jump)
SCORE 8.9

Vault comments were run!, but nice body form. SCORE 9.4

Bars was last with the hardest judge in the state "Judge Judy" OK so you can think of who the little girls first thought of when she was mentioned. We have actually had her in the gym twice working on floor and beam with the girls. Last year at the beginning of the season, we had multiple mill circles. Bug finally learned to hit the brakes mid way thru the season and when she did got all 9's. (9.2 to 9.5) so I had great expectations for this score. Well she did not get there. I was told that on the cut back if the girls had a belly on the bar it was a 0.3 deduction. Also she really wanted a high push up on the beginning and end of the mill circle fo that was .2 before and .2 after. Bug was lacking on that. SCORE 8.9--but hey up from the 8.175 she got from her the second meet last year.

AA 36.0 Hoping she can get those few tenths back on each event and get to the 37 level. That is what is winning meets here this season in her age group.

Here is the link to You Tube: YouTube - 2009 Level 4 Mock Meet

She did a beautiful job! I think the mock meets are judged so harshly, they nitpick everything. Her scores will go up alot by her first meet. We loved watching her video!! Good Luck!!

I think this is great starting point to build on. Most gymnasts would love to start off the season with a 36 AA. Sounds like she is on track for a huge season. We wish Bug the best of luck...

Sean

It must be so nice to get that written feedback! (or not nice, depending on what it says, ha ha).:rolleyes:

But she did GREAT. A 36AA is awesome but I bet she will see those 37's soon!

Older DD has her first meet at 4pm tomorrow and we are REALLY hoping for a 36. Send some of those 36 vibes over this way!:)

Congrats to her!

She did a beautiful job! I think you'll be seeing higher scores than that really soon.

I love when they get to start the season with a mock meet. Such a nice way to ease into it.

Good luck at her 1st real meet!

Sounds like she did great!! our mock meet scores are always lower than regular meets--I think they're pushing them to improve (although now that I type that, I heard the mock meet for the compulsories had HIGHER scores--not the usual!)

She did wonderful! I would love to be able to get feedback like that from the judges. And on bars I had no idea that is was a deduction to have your tummy on the bar during the cut back. She will be seeing 37's very soon I'm sure!! WoooHooo

I thought she looked beautiful out there and did wonderful!! 36AA to start off the season is amazing. I doubt mine will see that by the time she finishes L4. LOL. Bug is going to rock L4 this season!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back