Parents Mock Meet Report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Thank goodness that is over with!! I KNOW I was more nervous than she was! First Beetle was angry because we got stuck in traffic, our gym is close to the big retail district in town, well... Friday afternoon in December? Everyone was heading to the Mall and Target!

Onto the meet.

Vault - This will be the first time she compete a tsuk.. she stood the first one up and completly balked on the second. She said she was sideways on the table. I am glad she made the decision not to flip it, that could have been dangerous! Scored an 8.5

Bars - She has been working so hard on her bars the past few months. She did a gorgeous routine in warm ups. During the meet she does a Kip Cast handstand but cant turn her pirouette. Stays on top of the bar for the longest time.. does a clear hip and casts up to try her pirouette again.. falls.. Tries the priouette again. falls again.. so abandons that skill, jumps to high bar.. cast to short of handstand (which is rare) giant giant a tuck flyaway....Scored a 6.6.. she was really upset (not allowed to post video). The judge we have, is the same that has come up for years and told Beetle that she has really improved in the past year. She will be just fine it was just a bad night.

She didn't compete beam due to the ankle injury.

Floor - Personally, this is where I think she shines. She really enjoys it. 9.2

She got some great pointers from the judge. Her coaches are both really proud of her. Coach M said she did great, from not thinking she was going to compete at all on Monday to competing 3 events... it shows her love of the sport. He also thought her bars were a fluke that he isnt worried she just needs to get her feet back on the beam.

And - I even have VIDEO!! Woo hoo! for only the second time ever... -funny story, dh is ran the video.. you can hear him in the beginning asking if it records audio!

YouTube - Judges Mock Meet

Last edited:
What a great floor routine that is, she totally sells it and think the ankle braces look like funky leg warmers. Love that she gets some feedback from the judges and her coach feels that she is totally ready for this.

Love her floor.She looks so confident doing that routine.Nice vault.I think with a little bit of practice she will do great on bars too.It's just the beginning of the season.

Sounds like she is on her way to a great season! Love her floor music and routine. :) And love their leos. Her bars are there, she will get it at a meet! :)

She was talking about bars yesterday.. She said "I could have easily 'Dumped' the pirouette over and that woudl have given me the same scores I got last year. I KNOW I can do it better, I wanted to see what my score was when i did it right!" I am so proud of her for that.

So glad that she had a great meet! Bars are tough, but they will come along and be great soon (darn pirouette). She sounds like a hard worker and I love her wanting to "do it right and do it better" attitude! Haven't seen the video yet, but I can't wait to see her floor. I love her ring jump pic that you use as your avatar! She is a phenomenal floor gymnast. She's off to a great start for the season! That ankle finishes healing and she'll be ready for the 1st meet! Good luck this season!

Can't wait to get home to be able to see the video!

Her floor sounds fantastic... I'm sure she rocked it. Bars sounds like a fluke, just like everyone is saying. I, personally, can totally understand bars. It can be my dd's worst event or her best depending on the routine. Vault sounds awesome, glad to hear she flipped her Tsuk! :D

Hope her ankle is continuing to get better.... does she have a couple of days off coming up with Christmas??? Maybe it is just the gift her ankle could use. ;)

I love her floor! You can tell what a great time she is having out there performing. Her tumbling is sky high! I thought her vault was great too - lots of height. Sorry to hear about bars, but better that she not dump it over and really try to do it right. I hope her ankle heals quickly so she can get back on the beam.

Meg

Hope her ankle is continuing to get better.... does she have a couple of days off coming up with Christmas??? Maybe it is just the gift her ankle could use. ;)

I think we have the best of both worlds around Christmas break. Enough time in the gym to keep the skills but a 3 & a 4 day weekend to give the body sometime to rest!

Looks great so far. The Tsuk is tough. At the few L8 meets we have been to so far not many can stick it. My youngest had a very interesting bar routine at her first L8 meet in Nov. I put it as a video response on your youtube. Maybe it will make your daughter feel better about hers!

Good luck at future meets.

My youngest had a very interesting bar routine at her first L8 meet in Nov. I put it as a video response on your youtube. Maybe it will make your daughter feel better about hers!

You are very kind! Thank you, Beetle feels pretty good, she is maturing and wants to do it 'Right' not cheat bars... so she is re-learning her whole low part routine since she has a habit of arching her casts and pirouette.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back