Mockmeet Result and Vid

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I will post the vid in this forum so everybody can comment if they like.The mockmeet went pretty good except beam,she fell 3 times.Never done this before in a meet.Just did a beautifull beamroutine the day before in practice.Stayed on just had a few wobbles.Needles to say she got a 7.0
Did not connect her leappass,which lowered the SV to 9.7.
Vault is the same as last year.Just has a SV of 9.5 now.She scorred a 8.75
Bars I did not expect much.Stopped after the pirouette on highbar,overshoot was pretty messy,touched the ground after the overshoot and fell on doubleback.7.75 out of 9.75 SV.
Now floor is her thing.She tried her doubleback but landed short.Will keep working on it but will probably do a ro bhs 1 1/2 in competitions.Did not get her popa all the way around which lowered the SV to 9.9.
Alltogether I'm very proud of her for trying her best.
She still has 3 more weeks of practice before the next meet.

YouTube - Mockmeet 08(Level 9)

Your DD did great, those are some tough skills for an 11 year old. I'm sure in the next 3 weeks she will nail more and more routines. Good luck competeing this season.

I just love her floor routine, she is such a great show girl.

Everything is in place she just needs those 3 weeks for perfection. Her vault is lovely, as it was last year.

Nice to get the beam falls out of the way in the mock meet. She is doing huge skills for such a young girl, I am very impressed with her poise. She will have a great season.

I bet she will have a great season. I loved her video. She is really doing some amazing things!!

Kudos to her for going for the bhs-bhs after the nasty fall she had on it. Forget who else mentioned it, but that beam routine is just packed----when does she have time to take a breath? We have a couple of L9s having issues with the fhs on beam----they're probably about 50/50 on landing them.
Vault looks nice and solid. I think its a wise choice not to start the year with the double back on floor. Thats a skill she can build up to and she can certainly score well without it. I really like her floor choreo and music. She performs the floor routine instead of just going through the skills. She really appears older than 11 in her floor---much more mature look.

Thank you gym law mom.I'm surprised myself that she went Back on the beam after that nasty fall and keep trying until she felt comfortable again with the bhs bhs.I don't think she would have done that last year.
We were debating to get her a new floor routine this year but also loved the one she did last year and it seemed to fit her well.Her coach and an older gymnast(mostly the gymnast)did the Choreography.

Thanks for posting the video!

I think she will have a good year! She has the skills you can see it. she just needs the next couple weeks to do repitions. Her vault is great! She has such powerful tumbling. Congrats to her for working so hard and overcoming the beam fall!

Really nice beam and floor presentation. I think keeping the floor routine was a good idea.

Looks like all the skills are coming along, the double back was good, just needs to find that landing. Lots of new skills there, good progress.

Looks like she will have a great season.

I look at those skills and think I'm ok with my dd staying a comp. for a while! I'd be holding my breath the whole time!

Can't wait to see her progress during the season.

I'm definetly holding my breath on beam and bars.Sometimes I don't like watching her on those events in practice.

I remember being 11 in level 9, almost two seasons ago :) great job anyways I am sure she will do great this meet season. Best of luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back