MAG Modified Optionals for boys ?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

rajbala12

Proud Parent
With the new rules, our gym said they are doing something called modified optionals for boys team program
silver which is like level 4
gold which is like level 5
and platinum after that
Does anyone have any more details regarding the modified optionals, is it similar to the compulsory levels?
Coach mentioned that they are making the compulsory levels easier with the new changes, but we are confused regarding that as well.
Thanks!

I think I posted about that in my Club Track thread. If it is, it’s on the USAG website.

Thank you ! I found the competition manual and went through it. Now my confusion is if Gold is similar to Level 4 or Level 5? I think I saw 2 different comparisons in the manual:
Bronze - Essential Elements
Silver - Level 3
Gold - Level 4
Platinum - Level 5

and in another place:
Bronze - Level 3
Silver - Level 4/5
Gold - Level 4/5
Platinum - Level 6+

Also at the state/regional competitions - the club track and national track athletes have separate competitions I guess?

Thank you ! I found the competition manual and went through it. Now my confusion is if Gold is similar to Level 4 or Level 5? I think I saw 2 different comparisons in the manual:
Bronze - Essential Elements
Silver - Level 3
Gold - Level 4
Platinum - Level 5

and in another place:
Bronze - Level 3
Silver - Level 4/5
Gold - Level 4/5
Platinum - Level 6+

Also at the state/regional competitions - the club track and national track athletes have separate competitions I guess?

I think it is the top one. That is what I see in the book, and fits better with the changes.

Yes, the club track and national track have separate competitions. they could occur at the same meet, but a club track gymnast would not compete against a national track gymnast.

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back