Mom new to the gymnastics world...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

brauga3

My 6yo daughter started gymnastics just before her 5th birthday. About 6 months ago she was asked to tryout for the gymnastics team. She has since made the pre-team level (I think I'm typing this correctly). :confused: So we are very new to the whole gymnastics world or competition and booster clubs, etc. I actually found this site in Googling "gymnastic competition hairstyles." My daughter has her 1st competition scheduled for Labor Day weekend and I've been told that her bangs have to be up and her neck has to be visible. So, I'm looking for ideas. I look forward to learning more about being a gymnast's parent from reading the threads.

~Gabi's mom (Wendi)

Welcome brauga3!!! Funny the hair topic comes up.

Disclaimer: I don't and cannot do hair so I just speak from what I see and not what I do.

In our gym, it is all about group belonging or culture. Everyone in L4 and L5 wear buns because that is what they are told to do by the coaches. The only exception is when a girl has short hair. As they move up, the optionals usually all have just ponytails. Sometimes, they talk it over before hand and all wear something different, like braids of some kind. The L6 are the odd balls where anything goes.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back