Moonwalking on the beam? !!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I was watching a college gymnastics meet sometime during last season on TV with Georgia going against someone else, but I can't remember which team it was. Anyway, one of the gymnasts did this moonwalking as part of her beam routine, like Michael Jackson used to do in the old days. It was awesome! I would love to see a you tube of that routine but I don't know who did it or which team they were from. Has anyone else seen it?

That's Nikki Childs and she is a Gym Dog (UGA). She rocks! I love her beam routine. Gets a cheer every time.

Haha that's so cool! We had a competition running throughout the holidays to see if anyone could do a headspin a la Wei Wei in Stick It but no such luck!

Neato. Funny, awesome, horrible, ironic is what I'm thinking to " Man in the Mirror. "

I saw Tasha Smith at a meet. When she busted out that moonwalk the crowd nearly lost their minds. It was great. She's so fun to watch!

ZJ's Mom, are you an Oregonian? I enjoy watching the OSU team! They are my second favorite college team. I have to be loyal to my alma mater!

Yes; we're in Oregon. We'll be looking forward to attending some OSU meets this season. Unfortunately, Tasha Smith isn't competing this year. I'm sure it will be exciting nonetheless. I believe they'll be hosting Utah and UCLA at home this year.

That's too bad Tasha is not competing. It was nice for the girls to see floor and beam don't always have to be all ballet to score well. My husband is a native Oregonian and his sister lives in the Corvallis area-so we have a special place on our hearts for OSU!

SO no lie, i was at practice telling my coach i wanted to moon walk in my beam routine, and THAT NIGHT i went home and saw that i had some gym meets on my DVR, and there's Nikki on the beam, moon walking. Hahah.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back