More gymnasts moving to WOGA!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

msl529

Wow, just read some interesting news about a very promising gymnast (whose Mom has posted on CB) moving gyms. See link below to 'Inside Gymnastics Magazine' online!

I wish this family all the best, and am glad to hear they are in the D/FW area. :)

News | Inside Gymnastics Magazine

Ah more brilliant journalism from IG2. You would think while they spent all of last week confirming news, that was posted all over the message boards they could have checked the spelling of Katelyn Ohashi.

Sounds like a great move for lizzy. Wish her all the best and look forward to watching her grow as a gymnast. Good luck Lizzy!

Its no surprise that this is happening in my opinion. I think it's great that WOGA has just flourished over the past decade but there could be many downsides to so many great, promising gymnast like LeDuc and Ohashi all joining the gym or it could be a very good thing.

The Caquatto sisters are also thinking about going to WOGA. It has a lot of gymnasts thinking about heading down there because of how Ivana is doing.

Ah more brilliant journalism from IG2. You would think while they spent all of last week confirming news, that was posted all over the message boards they could have checked the spelling of Katelyn Ohashi.

boy, do you have that right.:)

Do you think that at some point, it's going to hit critical mass, and Valeri is going to have a tough time keeping the same caliber of training that we see w/ the current elites going? :rolleyes:

Do you think that at some point, it's going to hit critical mass, and Valeri is going to have a tough time keeping the same caliber of training that we see w/ the current elites going? :rolleyes:

I'd have to agree with your thinking. How can he effectively coach each one of these aspiring elites? I'm sure it's not just him doing the coaching but it sure comes across that way. I guess only time will tell. Maybe they'll make it a spinoff of "Make it or Break it"!!;)

WOGA can be a good fit for some gymnasts (like Ivana and Bross) but not for others (Randi Lau comes to mind). I could never figure out why Ohashi was at GAGE to begin with if she was making a major move anyway...GAGE basically eats them up and spits them out (but I think that is symptomatic of a lot of gyms as well. ) I can see Leduc moving there as she's in TX to begin with although I think the reviews on her are inflated at this point.

I think USAG needs to take a look at how many injuries are out there in their major players and reevaluate the whole 2 a day/train until you drop philososphy because obviously excessive time practicing correlates with the increased amount of injuries. Even Jordyn Weiber is injured and that's an absolute shame....

I think USAG needs to take a look at how many injuries are out there in their major players and reevaluate the whole 2 a day/train until you drop philososphy because obviously excessive time practicing correlates with the increased amount of injuries. Even Jordyn Weiber is injured and that's an absolute shame....

Agreed! Doubt it's change-able, as long as we are so 'win-oriented' as a country, but....

Good luck, Lizzy! I am sure she will do AMAZING at WOGA! And I agree with msl529, if there are so many elites at that gym....what will Valeri do??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back