WAG Most challenging skill

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Good luck, Jard!!

After years of back woes that are finally resolving, my DD is working on regaining her cast to handstand on bars. It's been a struggle for sure. She also has a beam acro that does not bother her back (cartwheel to roundoff) but wants to get it completely consistent before the meet season arrives.

My son desperately wants to make a pommel horse skill that involves three circles, at least one of which is a different type, on one handle. It is driving him crazy. Even if he manages to make it, I don't think it will be in a routine this year, but he does want it for the long term. He is also trying to get a front double dismount off of rings, but hasn't yet gotten it out of the pit. I think if it does make it into a routine this year, we will be holding our breath through every rings routine and hoping for no butt bounce dismount!

My DD still struggles with her bar casts and desperately wants to get them at least close to handstand, so that’s definitely the hardest thing for her. After that, it’s making sure her vault is clean. It’s a round off full twist and sometimes she misses the full twisting by just a smidge.

My dd would love to get a back tuck on floor. She said she did it on a trampoline without a spot the other day. I know that's totally different than doing it on the floor but she thinks it's one step closer to getting it on the floor.

My dd would love to get a back tuck on floor. She said she did it on a trampoline without a spot the other day. I know that's totally different than doing it on the floor but she thinks it's one step closer to getting it on the floor.
It is one step closer to getting it on floor :D

My dd says she currently has "the twisties." She recently lost her back full and she is frustrated to get it back soon. But as far as new skills? She is currently learning her toe-on on bars and trying to start flipping a yurchenko.

The BWO BHS. More of a mental thing than anything else. And her stalder on bars. Her clear hip is barely better than a back hip circle and she definitely needs something close to handstand.

I'm currently working a clear hip on high bar which is mostly a mental problem as I love doing clear hips on low bar. I'm also working a back layout on floor which always throws me off.

I'm currently learning my full on floor, toe handstand on bars, back handspring layout and aerial backhandspring on beam. Thankfully most of these I won't have to compete this season!

The one that is the most difficult for her is front giants. Can can get it over on the pit bar, but it's not pretty or consistent!

The most difficult is her 3/2 and 2/1 forward twisting (work in progress)

DD is working to get her double back on floor. Extra mats for landing and working skill in pit are keeping me from cringing too much. She wants to compete it. I want her to stay safe. Every year the skills get harder and watching gets more stressful!

All skills are challenging for my dd right now as she is coming back from a stress reaction in her foot! Luckily she has all her level 7 skills, except giants on the real bar set. That is is biggest and most pressing challenge.

DD's gym is less than a month away from the first meet. Up training is only happening once a week, most of the training time is spent fine tuning competition skills and routines. On the occasion DD up trains on the floor she is working on double full and double back and on Bars, she wants to get her Pak, that is the skill she currently wants the most. At this point, the Pak is only a dream releasing from the low bar pretending to catch a non-existent bar on the floor with coach spot.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back