WAG Most challenging skill

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mentally, bhs Lo (she has it but won’t throw it on the high beam).

Physically, single bar release moves. She’s toyed with jaegers, reverse hect, geingers (gosh, I hope I spelled those correctly).

In general the biggest hurdles in gym are the BHS BHS on beam . The round off BHS on floor (believe it or not). The high low release on bars (bail, pak) and the first year of level 8 vault. These are the biggest fears on average.

YG's kip and squat on (the one she JUST got consistently in August) are both on vacation.
On Beam, she needs her Handstand-Handstand connection more consistent.
floor and Vault are there. She is still (on airtrack) uptraining FT-FT for floor.

OG has had several months off. She should be back soon (volleyball season i over soon). She is hoping to still have the skills she had when she left.

In general the biggest hurdles in gym are the BHS BHS on beam . The round off BHS on floor (believe it or not). The high low release on bars (bail, pak) and the first year of level 8 vault. These are the biggest fears on average.

This is good to hear from a coach, eye-opening. As a parent, I agree. I am glad DD only has one of those skills left to acquire. As I have watched Gymnastics over the last 5 years it seemed to me that the Round Off BHS was the first skill to send kids to retirement.

Gym is almost too stressful for me. If DD didn't always have such a huge smile on her face id have her join the debate team. The meet season is about to start I figure I will lose the rest of my hair as I smile through each meet.

Onodi on beam for my dd too. She can do it in the middle beam but says it’s scary. But not as terrifying as the roundoff part of her dismount though, she said it’s the worst thing she has to do. Go figure.

Onodi on beam for my dd too. She can do it in the middle beam but says it’s scary. But not as terrifying as the roundoff part of her dismount though, she said it’s the worst thing she has to do. Go figure.
My dd broke her foot on her roundoff on the beam last year. She won’t roundoff anymore...so now we had to add her series into her dismount.

Vault - I don’t really vault anymore :-( but when I did I was working on the springboard entry up to a FHS on a pile of stacked mats. I could make that setup at my current gym, but dragging so many giant mats around on my own doesn’t appeal!

Bars - lol a pullover. It’s just never really happened for me, it’s still very inconsistent. Getting closer, though! I hope to have it solidly by the end of this year. I find hip circles, under swings, jump to HB etc infinitely easier...

Beam - cartwheel is taking a while to get consistent, but it’s not “hard” per se. I think making fluid connections is hardest for me.

Floor - working on front tuck at the moment. One day I’d like to learn a back tuck. I can’t do backwards hands-down tumbling because I discovered the hard way that my shoulders really don’t like that kind of pressure, but sometime it’d be cool to get RO - BT. I have a pretty powerful RO so I hope it’s doable. I also hope to connect FHS - FT, in the future, as well!

. Start sending her vaults out to colleges :)
She has already received one letter of interest from a college (got it over the summer), we were so not ready for that at age 11!!! But her coach said it probably won't be the last college to contact her, that they are starting to contact at younger and younger ages. He said she will start to get a lot of interest once she competes in her first elite qualifier in February. We are just going to ride this out and see what the future holds.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back