WAG Mother of a 10 yr old Level 8....to be elite or no?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

elite or not

Good grief, and they are flying my country's flag too! :rolleyes: I can state with absolute certainty that we have no 10 year old Elites in my country! ;)

If you have Olympic talent go elite. If not stay 10 to get a NCAA scholarship and not destroy your body before college.

a couple of these new threads has me feeling like Jack in "in one flew" if you know what i mean...:)

]If you have Olympic talent go elite. If not stay 10 to get a NCAA scholarship and not destroy your body before college

But that is my question...how would you know? I have never been around gymnastics so I dont knw much about the sport.

]If you have Olympic talent go elite. If not stay 10 to get a NCAA scholarship and not destroy your body before college

But that is my question...how would you know? I have never been around gymnastics so I dont knw much about the sport.

Your child should have multile E skills on every event if your considerng Olympics, just having the skills to go elite does not make you competive. 1 E skill stay at 10 and go the college route

I'm no where bear being an elite, so I can't help you there. But I have been homeschooled since second grade.

If you can handle coordinating everything and she can handle seeing you as not just a mommy, but also a teacher, it's a great path to go down. She'll have a ton more free time for gym, and she'll have the option of graduating at 17 instead of 18.

Only thing is that with homeschooling AND being in the gym all the time, her social life will suffer. But if she's more of a loner anyway, or she can actively try to meet people through outlets, then it's not too big a deal.

Big part of being an elite is also having the mental edge to handle the pressure at big competitions. A lot of girls who go to testing are great gymnasts but lose it when the pressure starts to build when trying to get qualifying scores. An Optional qualifier and a regular JO meet are so different mentally for a gymnast. I sat through one and the pressure ate up over half the field. IMHO watch her at competitions and see how she reacts to mistakes and talk to her about building confidence. Sounds like the talent is there....now it's time to start building the mental game.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back