Off Topic Moving back east

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GT, it's so hard to leave kids but you were smart to take care of your future.

It's mixed.

I really miss my kids back in San Jose, and I hate that I had to leave them mere weeks before their season started. But I'm liking Leesburg so far.

Lees burg is an awesome place. Awesome things to do, dining, wineries and brew pubs close by!

I am interested to hear what you think after the competition season starts. My Dd's coach came from Texas and was bowled over by the environment [emoji3][emoji15]

Once things got going at Apex, it quickly became clear that it wasn't quite the right fit for me. So now I'm looking for something else, hopefully in the Baltimore area.

Might even take a break from coaching; I've been burning out a bit anyway, and getting sick and injured way too much lately.

Best wishes! There are tons of gyms in the Baltimore area that I'm sure would be happy to have you at any level you are willing to commit to. But the Baltimore/DC area is also a great place to explore new opportunities as well!

Sorry to hear that things didn't work out for you there. I'm sure that's pretty stressful having relocated across the country. I hope that the right opportunity is just around the corner!

Oh, and I want to clarify this:

When I say it wasn't a good fit, I don't mean to say anything negative about the gym or the people there. It's a fine gym with some great coaches, but it's too big a program for me. The thing I really enjoy the most about coaching is building a strong relationship with each kid, learning their strengths and weaknesses, what motivates them and what discourages them, etc, and then tailoring my coaching accordingly. At Apex, I worked with close to 200 kids each week, and each of those kids worked with at least three other coaches, so there wasn't really an opportunity to build that close working relationship. It's not a bad gym; it's just not one that plays to my strengths.

Oh, and I want to clarify this:

When I say it wasn't a good fit, I don't mean to say anything negative about the gym or the people there. It's a fine gym with some great coaches, but it's too big a program for me. The thing I really enjoy the most about coaching is building a strong relationship with each kid, learning their strengths and weaknesses, what motivates them and what discourages them, etc, and then tailoring my coaching accordingly. At Apex, I worked with close to 200 kids each week, and each of those kids worked with at least three other coaches, so there wasn't really an opportunity to build that close working relationship. It's not a bad gym; it's just not one that plays to my strengths.
It's great you know how you work best. As well, you sound like a great coach. Coaching isn't plug and play, kids thrive under people who believe in them.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back