moving up

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

i recently asked my coach what i needed to do to get moved up a group(we dont do levels)and she said i had good strength and flexibility but needed to get more hight on my summersaults, front handspring(which i now have) and my back hip circle and squat on on bars.at the moment it summerholidays which means no gym although i get one week og training through diving.But i really wanna get those things by september but i only have a trampoline,floor bar, and chin up bar so any drills and conditioning exersizes would be greatly appreceaded so i could get highr summies and BHC and squat on.

I'm not a coach, so I don't have any conditioning ideas... but my first though would be... Can you go to open gyms during the summer and work on those things?

sadly no if they had open gyms in my area i would go every day but non of the 3 gyms in my area do them but we do do some floor work through diving summercamp

Would you be able to arrange private lessons at a local club. Most clubs offer them, you can work on a lot in one hour and you also get to choose what you will work on.

there arnt any gyms in my area that do private lessons and even if they did them were currently in a not so good finacial situation

i now have my bhs and back tuck summersualt aswell as high sommersaults i also now have my front and back walkover, i also got to practice my pullovers, and i have been working on my squat ons on a floor bar but i dont know how i can pracice my bhc the last time i did them at gym i barley needed any spot but this was over a month ago and help?

My advice is don't put that type of time limit on when you accomplish these things. It just sets you up for disapointment when the date comes and goes and your still working on them. Everyone is different and when you get something will come with hard work and PATIENCE. I find amoung the girls at our gym the Patience is the hardest part to deal with. I see more tears from girls who want to get a skill by a certain date and then don't get it on that date. Of course 2 or 3 weeks later they do get it but they only consintrate on the fact they didnt' get it by a certain date. Instead of dating when you get things how about setting goals like

Im going to work on BHS when I get that no matter how long it takes I'll move on to Back Tuck Summersaults, etc.

Work one goal at a time and you will succeed. Most of all keep at it and be patient

thanks for the advise i know that im over competetive and often push myself too much but ive asked for my dad to buid me a bar so i can work on bhc coz i dont get to practice them much at gym but im hoping that i will get moved up soon which means ill get to practice them more

well finaly got my bhc so all i need to work on is getting evan better sommersaults and squat on apparently i need to cast higher for my squat ons

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back