WAG muscles for cast handstands

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

T

twistingmia

Which muscles are needed for a decent cast handstand? Is it more strength or technique?

Of course, the whole body is involved....but I guess it's mostly shoulders? How strong should I be for doing one? Can you tell me specifically?

Because you have to lean forward while casting, I guess that a planche would come quite close to a cast handstand? So maybe a tuck planche hold + some leg lifts? What can I train at home to make faster progress?

This is a really good question, my DD's having a hard time with this, has been working on it forever, and still only gets to horizontal. Any specific conditioning would be helpful.

In my very limited experience with my dd, press handstands on the floor or on the beam go a long way towards making a cast handstand.

Maybe not from sitting, but they need it from standing. If they can't do a sitting Stalder press, they should practice other progressions like a pike press against the wall.

Which muscles are needed for a decent cast handstand? Is it more strength or technique?

Of course, the whole body is involved....but I guess it's mostly shoulders? How strong should I be for doing one? Can you tell me specifically?

Because you have to lean forward while casting, I guess that a planche would come quite close to a cast handstand? So maybe a tuck planche hold + some leg lifts? What can I train at home to make faster progress?

1. every muscle in your body that you have. just like a kip.

2. both

This pops up often as a thread so the search function should prove useful.

Straight body cast HS:
-Tuck PL is a good idea. Planche leans are pseudo pl leaning pushups besides dips and hspu.
-Reverse Leg lift on a horse or table to vertical
-PB swing to HS

Straddle cast Hs
-cast to straddle on
-Close to standing straddle press HS
- cast to 30-45 degrees above horizontal

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back