Music ideas needed

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

cathiann

No--not for floor music! I do the video every year that's shown at our end of the year banquet. One of the songs is a song for the coaches--we show clips of the coaches talking with the gymnasts, etc. and get comments from the gymnasts (thanks for helping with various skills, etc) that I put over the pictures.

Anyway--I can't think of a song to use this year! Last year I used Depend on Me by Bryan Adams. I've used the song by Miley Cyrus from Bridge over Terabithia (she sang it as a duet with her dad on her own album) two years ago. Used Backflip by Raven one year. Now I need help!!

Ideas??

No--not for floor music! I do the video every year that's shown at our end of the year banquet. One of the songs is a song for the coaches--we show clips of the coaches talking with the gymnasts, etc. and get comments from the gymnasts (thanks for helping with various skills, etc) that I put over the pictures.

Anyway--I can't think of a song to use this year! Last year I used Depend on Me by Bryan Adams. I've used the song by Miley Cyrus from Bridge over Terabithia (she sang it as a duet with her dad on her own album) two years ago. Used Backflip by Raven one year. Now I need help!!

Ideas??

I like the idea of doing a Coach's song during clips like that. That is really nice! I got all teary-eyed just thinking of it. The first song I thought of is "Hero", but I'm not sure who sings it. It's fresh in my mind since that guy on American Idol sang it the other night. Our old gym has used "Wind Beneath my Wings" but that's a song that kind of drags and gets old quickly. I have others but I can't think of them now because my mind went blank. I'll put some thought into it and get back on later today. BTW- I would love to do something like that myself but I don't have idea how to get started, I'm sort of computer illiterate, so to speak.

oh, Thanks! I'll see if I can find the song. I thought about Wind Beneath my Wings too, but it is so slow--not sure. And I bought a program to do the video (Studio) and even bought an external hard drive so I have room to store video & pictures people turn in. I love doing it :)!

Sounds silly, but do you have a team song or anything? We do (LOL) and we always try to play that at awards. Its called I'm Gonna Be and its by the Proclaimers, but it doesn't really have lyrics that fit or anything, we just like it lol. We also always play Loch Lomond at the end of the night, but that doesn't really have lyrics either.

Time Of Your Life, by GreenDay is really good. (lyrics= Its something unpredictable, but in the end its right...I hope you had the time of your life)
You Set Me Free, Michelle Branch.
That's When I Love You, Phil Vassar.
Inner Smile- Texas
Let's Make a Memory- Keith Urban (such a gorgeous song)
What A Wonderful World- Rod Stewart
You're In My Heart- Rod Stewart
You'll Never Walk Alone- Gerry and the Pacemakers (personal fave)

Hope this helped!!

I'm back. The song "Hero" was sung recently on American Idol by Danny Gokey, whom many believe will be the next American Idol. He has MY vote. I believe it's a song originally by Mariah Carey. But, my all time favorite gymnastics montage song is Power of the Dream, by Celine Dion. Pull both of these up on You Tube and listen. You'll love both- and so inspiring for a coach piece.

How about "I'll Stand By You" by the Pretenders. It's a little slow, but it makes me cry everytime I hear it!

Here's another one! How about "Miracles Happen." It's from the movie Princess Diaries, played at the very end of the movie. I got it from one of those Disney movie soundtrack cd's but you can probably find it once again, somewhere on You Tube. This is one of those songs I've had tucked away in my back pocket for when or if I ever figure out how to make a montage. Let me know what you think.

My dd has her own theme song for her coach--"Fighter" by Christina Aguleria(sp) Definitely not slow and sweet---but it fires her up. :) Probably not what you are looking for but a different slant on the coach/athelete relationship:D

Sounds silly, but do you have a team song or anything? We do (LOL) and we always try to play that at awards. Its called I'm Gonna Be and its by the Proclaimers, but it doesn't really have lyrics that fit or anything, we just like it lol. We also always play Loch Lomond at the end of the night, but that doesn't really have lyrics either.

Time Of Your Life, by GreenDay is really good. (lyrics= Its something unpredictable, but in the end its right...I hope you had the time of your life)
You Set Me Free, Michelle Branch.
That's When I Love You, Phil Vassar.
Inner Smile- Texas
Let's Make a Memory- Keith Urban (such a gorgeous song)
What A Wonderful World- Rod Stewart
You're In My Heart- Rod Stewart
You'll Never Walk Alone- Gerry and the Pacemakers (personal fave)

Hope this helped!!

Nope, no team song--that would be nice though. Thanks for the song ideas!

Here's another one! How about "Miracles Happen." It's from the movie Princess Diaries, played at the very end of the movie. I got it from one of those Disney movie soundtrack cd's but you can probably find it once again, somewhere on You Tube. This is one of those songs I've had tucked away in my back pocket for when or if I ever figure out how to make a montage. Let me know what you think.

I actually used that in a video a few years back--for one of the the compulsories songs :)

My dd has her own theme song for her coach--"Fighter" by Christina Aguleria(sp) Definitely not slow and sweet---but it fires her up. :) Probably not what you are looking for but a different slant on the coach/athelete relationship:D

I'm gonna find it and see what it sounds like! And I don't need gushy songs ;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back