music traditional or rock

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

dmytv

Coach
Ok my dd is a new level 8 and will need music for her routine. Her new coach says she can pick just about anything. She wants something with pop music and I am pullin for something more traditional. Just wondering what plays better with judges. She did 2 years of level 7. First year was a Britney Spears pop song, then she switched clubs and her new coach insisted on a spanish traditional song for her 2nd yr level 7 floor. I liked that routine better. Now level 8 and her coach has given her free reign. Just wondering if there are some guidelines on what is a good song.

Look back at videos from her competing on floor. Compare scores and have your whole family decide which one is the most fun to watch. Remember that judges watch hundreds of routines everyday (during season) and you want music that pops and makes them remember her routine. Also pick one that makes everybody in the gym turn their heads to watch her. At least thats what I try to do.
I guess she could play the music, and try to start dancing on the spot. See which one flows better/easier than the other style. Maybe even pick one that gets stuck in your head. At my gym my floor music always gets stuck in people's heads and I can hear them humming it, but they aren't annoyed.
MAKE SURE ITS NOT ANNOYING. Your DD will be listening to this for the next 2-3 years everyday so choose carefully. Good luck!

Movie soundtracks are always fun but not too 'untraditional' mine is a Dr Who soundtrack from one of the episodes and i love it its a bit more rock than traditional but if you had me trying to do ballet or some sort of proper dance you would probably have some good comic relief :p Go with what she feels comfortable with :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back