Mvp

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Dd's team had their end of year banquet this evening- the first year they have combined the banquets for the compulsory and optional levels. It was great having almost all of the gymnasts and their families together. We are very fortunate to have a great group of *almost* entirely drama free parents.

The girls were all presented with a trophy that indicated their level competed for the 2011-2012 season, and then 4 gymnasts within each level were presented with additional trophies, the recipients of which had been previously voted on by the gymnasts. There was "hardest working", "Most improved," "Most inspirational," (which went to a girl who broke her arm in October and came back to win AA in a meet in March), and "most valuable" which was awarded to my little one by her 13 teammates! It was very unexpected and I am incredibly happy for her. When she was presented with the trophy her coach said a few words about my little one, and I had to hold back tears. I am so blessed to have coaches that truly adore their gymnasts and get to know the uniqueness of each of them.

Dd told me that one of her teammates who is ALWAYS cheerful and smiling really should have gotten it, so she told me she would share it with her sometimes, but "secretly" so the other teammates don't have hurt feelings. I think that made me the most proud.

Tonight was the icing on the cake of a very fun season!
Thanks for sharing the smile with me :D

That's wonderful! You must be very proud!!

DD's gym does something similar at their banquet in terms of awards, but it seems there are a LOT of awards and it appears that almost all of the girls get one (Most Improved, Hardest Worker, etc.). I don't put much stock in what my DD gets as so many girls get something, but this sounds like your DD was truly recognized by her peers!! That's great :)

How awesome! And so cute that she wants to share her award!

Our team also had a wonderful banquet and gives out 3 awards - Best Comeback, Most Improved, and Team Spirit, one for a boy and one for a girl. Most Improved recognizes a compulsory and an optional. Not to hijack your thread but DD got the Spirit award :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back