My Comeback Meet!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

Mack_the_Ripper

Holy cow, I'm pretty nervous about this one. That tends to be my problem - I get nervous and then when I get to the meet, I get overstimulated and freak out. What with coaches yelling/advising and teammates chatting/cajoling, and people bustling around everywhere...it can be too much for me.

So I'm going to keep my cool this time. Last meet, I freaked out and although my scores weren't too bad (everyone scored low, and I got 2nd AA), they weren't too good either. I can't let that bother me now! I'm going to keep my poise and point my toes, and that's all I can do. I really hope I don't fall on my cartwheel on beam.

Also, it's a gym I've never been to before - I hope it's nice. -crosses fingers- I'm going to stay calm and have 0 form breaks if I can help it!

:D
Well, I stayed cool. During the meet AND before the meet, for the most part. We started on beam, which is great because it's my most nervous event and it gets it out of the way. I did pretty well - more wobbles than usual, but I stayed on which I haven't been able to do recently in meets. With me on beam, it's two steps forward and one step back. Then floor - nice, clean routine except I was a little "lacking energy" in the beginning, although I brought it back after the front handspring. I was thinking so hard about pointing my toes that I pointed my toe on the pose before the front handspring when L5's are supposed to flex...

We had to wait a looong time to go on vault. In warm-up I arched a little but fixed it. It was pretty powerful and a nice block, and I don't think I arched too much (I can't always tell), so I'm pretty sure I popped to hollow, even if it was a little late. Then bars, which is my favorite event. The announcer gave an announcement (I love this announcer) that the Hawkeyes lost their football game by 3 points, so my coach said, "I'm mad, so your routines had better make me happy!"...so did the judges. Most of my teammates did an excellent job! I don't think anyone fell. There were two low 9's before I went, but everyone was crossing their fingers that I would get an amazing score.

Beam: 8.725 - 3rd place
Floor: 8.85 - 3rd place (coach said the judges were scoring a little low on BB + FX)
Vault: 8.8 - 2nd place
Bars: 9.325 - 1st place
AA: 35.7 - 1st!

Hehe...I've never been a champion before! Well, I have, but there were like 3 girls in my age group. This was out of 11 girls. AND the L5 team got first place! I'm fairly sure I contributed several scores to our victory!

Congrats!!! Those are some great scores and you should be really proud!! Hopefully now you might have overcome some of those hurdles and can keep on being a champion!!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back