my daughter

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am a father of a 2nd year hopes qualifier and going to the covergirl meet for the second time. She is 12 and did level 10 this season and was a tops "A" camp member. She was a state champ in level 6 and 7, regional qualifier levels 8 and 9 and made nationals NIT this season for level 10. I love getting ideas from the forum and gving advice if I could assist others.

Wow it sounds like she is amazing! Very impressive. Great to hear your advice - you probably have been there seen that done it all! Good luck to her this season and Wow!

Welcome to the Chalkbucket, you will be a very popular Dad here as we have a few young ones who are travelling down the path to possible future Elite. Nice to have you join our community!

i'm going to watch the covergirl classic this year!! yay! i'll see your daughter there!! lol! is she competing fri or sunday?? and it sounds like shes awesome! i'm the same age as her and i'm only a level 7! she's really lucky! :)

I am a father of a 2nd year hopes qualifier and going to the covergirl meet for the second time. She is 12 and did level 10 this season and was a tops "A" camp member. She was a state champ in level 6 and 7, regional qualifier levels 8 and 9 and made nationals NIT this season for level 10. I love getting ideas from the forum and gving advice if I could assist others.

I've seen so much debate on whether or not top gymmies (like your DD) really have to start putting in lots of hours from a young age .... so may we be really nosy and ask how long she's been doing gym, and roughly what sort of hours pw training commitment the path has required at each age/stage??
Huge congrats to your DD - she's already achieved more in the sport than most of us retirees. :D Do you think she's more interested in an international or college career??

thanks to all

I will give any advice I can--She will be competing both friday and sunday. Is there a list of kids who are competing yet

Since there are not that many Hopes girls this year as in years past, do you think they are going to have to drop the score and let more in? Last year there were 40.

I've seen so much debate on whether or not top gymmies (like your DD) really have to start putting in lots of hours from a young age .... so may we be really nosy and ask how long she's been doing gym, and roughly what sort of hours pw training commitment the path has required at each age/stage??
Huge congrats to your DD - she's already achieved more in the sport than most of us retirees. :D Do you think she's more interested in an international or college career??

Her schedule is really rough and believe me that this is my daughters decision and her goal is to make interntional elite. For the summer about 32 hrs and during school about the same. She homeschool for a year and it really helped her gymnastic and this past season went to school. She was actually ahead on all subjects so that worked out. She felt that there is no way she could do school and get to where she wants, so she is going back to homeschooling again. She also in those hours has jazz and ballet twice a week.

re dropping scores

Since there are not that many Hopes girls this year as in years past, do you think they are going to have to drop the score and let more in? Last year there were 40.

I do not see that happening. There is not much time to start adding kids, but they should. If they kept the same scores as last year to qualify my daughter be a international jr elite, but no such luck lol. I thought the last meet in texas they were going be lenient to get more kids, but they were not. So that showed me that they are trying keep the list down.

Wow! Your dd sounds absolutely amazing! Do you have a youtube channel with her videos on it?
I am curious- at what age did your dd "know" that she wanted to train to become elite?
Best wishes to her! can't wait to hear more!

Welcome to CB!

Does your dd train at Rebound??? I saw her vault video from TX qualifier. She is tiny and powerful!!

Congrats to her and can't wait to hear how she does at the covergirl meet.

Welcome to CB, just reading thru posts and being a Jersey girl, I think I know who your daughter is! We had the oportunity to see her floor as a L7 (I think) at my DD's 2nd meet as a L4 a couple years ago. My DD did all 4 events quickly before the official start of the meet to get her qualifying score for her first L4 sectional & we stayed to watch. Your daughter awas so cute & talented we were mesmerized!!!! Congratulations on all of her achievements...she sure is an amazing talent and beautiful to watch. We had to make a gym change last year and would have loved to have ended up at your gym, but it is a little too far for us and my DD is not as dedicated to gymnastics quite yet. She is a 2nd yr L5 and does too many other sports to give it her 100% focus right now, LOL

Nice to have you here and I'm sure you will be a big help to some of the parents here of upper level gymnasts that post from all over the world!

Welcome and congrats to your DD-we will be watching and cheering. 32hr. @ week wow :eek: that is dedication. Any advice on knee problems, especially when she was growing? My gymmie is going through something similar to osgood-shlatters --very painful:(

Hi all! Our daughter is 9 and is a level 6 gymnast....she's not competed in any qualifiers as of yet as she moved from level 4 to 6 and is not training for the upcoming season....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back