Parents My daughters 2nd competition

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This one was just over 1 month ago. She ended 9 out of 9, but did better than the other competition, had more points and she didn't land on her behind with the handsprings. And that was the goal of that day. You should see a difference in her from the 1st competition.

[youtube]ew2D8n9zPPM[/youtube]

[youtube]sF6BtYKqR8E[/youtube]

[youtube]dn9JDgfuLt8[/youtube]

[youtube]9VSqChDmYjQ[/youtube]

[youtube]6-H3vOKUHGA[/youtube]

How CUTE!

I really enjoy the videos everyone posts here...it give me something to look forward to when my daughter competes. I know in the intros you said you were from Holland and were asking about the levels here in the USA. It looks like your daughter is doing alot of the skills my daughter is doing as a level 4. I have no clue what they are all called yet. She just started & just turned six so she can't start to compete until next year I believe. My daughter can't even make that big leap to the higher bar (she's pretty tiny)so you're daughter does very well, LOL! Congrats to you & your daughter on you're first competitions...she looks like she is having fun!

Sharon

I love the videos too! What a great way to share information this is:D . Carina, I think it was so wonderful of you to share, your daughter is such a lovely little girl and an adorable gymnast:) she will only get better and better!

Sharon, mine is a young one too, our gym does not compete under level 5 so we have another year and a half or longer to go, but as someone else posted in another forum "its all about the journey"... and it is great watching them blossom along the way.

Littlegymchampmom

Nice to "meet" you!

I agree, it is nice to see what is coming up for us too! I love watching the older girls in the gym the same time my daughter goes. When she is in the back gym (and I can't watch,lol) I enjoy watching them practice their skills! They are so beautiful & talented I am in awe of even the level 5's. Any parent should be so pleased & proud of their children who do this sport.

Sharon

She is a cutie!

Amazing how much they can improve in such a short space of time. In a year you will look back on these videos and be amazed at her achievments. My girls like to keep a diary of their new skills and comp scores. my oldest daughter likes to look back on how she did. The youngest likes to work out how she can do better than her older sister. Ah, the joys of childhood.

Keep up the good work of being a supportive mum.

Thank you very much...that was great. I have to get some some videos of my Maggie on here for you guys. Of course she's only 21 months old.:rolleyes:

Thanks so much for your nice replies and the compliments. I think it is great to be able to show videos like that and be a proud mom. I assume you all watched the 1st competition too. Even from there, there is around 2 months in between them, I can see a big difference. Especially since she is missing some technique and basics. She only has been in the team since October. So we are very proud of her.

Blackie6, I like to watch the older girls. There aren't many though. Altogether we have 19 girls in the special team. 12 practise when Talitha does, which are 7/8/9 year olds and the older ones practise after them. I always watch on Saturdays and always stay around for a few minutes, while Talitha is getting dressed.

Blackie6

Nice to "meet" you!

I agree, it is nice to see what is coming up for us too! I love watching the older girls in the gym the same time my daughter goes. When she is in the back gym (and I can't watch,lol) I enjoy watching them practice their skills! They are so beautiful & talented I am in awe of even the level 5's. Any parent should be so pleased & proud of their children who do this sport.

Sharon

very nice to "meet" you as well:)

I love to watch the team girls in our gym too. we are a fairly new gym and all of our girls levels 5-10 warm-up together. They come in the 2nd hour of pre-team practice - they are all amazing. We will all have to keep in touch with our little ones...

LGCM

very nice to "meet" you as well:)

I love to watch the team girls in our gym too. we are a fairly new gym and all of our girls levels 5-10 warm-up together. They come in the 2nd hour of pre-team practice - they are all amazing. We will all have to keep in touch with our little ones...

LGCM

I think it would be great keeping in touch, sharing about our girls. That was the main reason coming here for me. So any gymmommies feel free to email me, when ever you like.

Carina, you seem like a very true, kind hearted person. Thank you again for sharing all that you have...

Please feel free to e-mail anytime as well:)

LGCM

Last edited:
Carina, you seem like a very true, kind hearted person. Thank you again for sharing all that you have...

LGCM

Thanks LGCM, that is a nice compliment to hear. I like to make friends. I have made quite a few in cross stitching, but don't have any friends really with gymnast girls, so when I found this place, I was like hey, who knows, I mgiht make some friends here too.

I guess she is not into gymnastics then yet.:D Bet you can't wait.

She has been doing a mommy/daddy and me class for 5 months now.:D It's fun, but I can't wait to just sit and watch. I know this sounds funny and everyone tells me to enjoy it while I can, but I'm a coach. I'm on the floor all day long. I really want go have coffee with the other parents and watch from the viewing area.

Jbs,

I enjoyed the mommy/daddy classes and me immensely as well... it was priceless fun and we made tons of memories... but I am completely thrilled to now be able to just sit back and watch.... you are lucky, just as your little one begans class on her own and you start to miss it - you will get to do it all over again:)

:jump: PAtience coach, patience.
giggle.gif

When do kids usually start?

Carina---loved watching the videos of your daughter. She is such a cutey! What was really nice was the look on her face---she was really having a great time and thats what its all about. I did watch the videos from both her meets and she did improve alot in a short period of time. Now, she has that salute to the judges down pat---along with a big smile.

I would say overall, her skill level is about a Level 4 here in the US which is the intro competitive level. I like the bar routine your daughter does much better than the one the Level 4s do here. Our gym doesn't do Level 4, but I've seen the routine plenty of times and the girls work on the low bar only with this awkward shoot through thing. On floor, the big difference would be the use of the springboard(not used here) and no music?

If I can figure out how to do it, I'll try to get a few of my daughter on for everyone to see.

Carina---loved watching the videos of your daughter. She is such a cutey! What was really nice was the look on her face---she was really having a great time and thats what its all about. I did watch the videos from both her meets and she did improve alot in a short period of time. Now, she has that salute to the judges down pat---along with a big smile.

I would say overall, her skill level is about a Level 4 here in the US which is the intro competitive level. I like the bar routine your daughter does much better than the one the Level 4s do here. Our gym doesn't do Level 4, but I've seen the routine plenty of times and the girls work on the low bar only with this awkward shoot through thing. On floor, the big difference would be the use of the springboard(not used here) and no music?

If I can figure out how to do it, I'll try to get a few of my daughter on for everyone to see.

Talitha loves doing competitions, for some reason she looks forward to them. Her competition time is over for this season though. But she mainly loves the trainings too. They use the highbar quite early on already. With the Floor, girls are allowed to use the spring board, but don't have to. Like Talitha really needed it, cause she has only started to learn them since beginning of November, I guess it is just a safety thing. And music will come next level, next season, she is quite excited about that, she has never done it before, so I hope she can work on it, at her camp.

She has been doing a mommy/daddy and me class for 5 months now.:D It's fun, but I can't wait to just sit and watch. I know this sounds funny and everyone tells me to enjoy it while I can, but I'm a coach. I'm on the floor all day long. I really want go have coffee with the other parents and watch from the viewing area.

JBS had to take over doing Maggie's classes when the Dr said I couldn't do it anymore, and I now get to watch. It is great to watch him out there with her, and how much fun she has with her dad. but I miss being out there with her. Working in the gym for so many years you realize how fast kids grow up, and I wish the parents in the M//D & me classes wouldn't rush getting out of it. That includes my husband, but I understand wanting to be off the floor when you spend your whole day out there.

GREAT VIDEOS!!! Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Carina, I love the videos! Your daughter is so cute and she did a great job.

Question for everyone: what kind of video camera do you need to take these types of videos and post them on YouTube? I have a video camcorder but it's an old one that uses those little tapes - not a digital. I'm guessing I need a digital? This is something I'm going to need to invest in so I can tape L's routines next year. Thanks!

Meg

Thanks Meg for your compliment. And yes you are right, you need a digital to do it this way, as far as I know anyway. But it doesn't have to be anything expensive. I have just a simple Kodak Easyshare, 3.1 megapixels. Of course it isn't as nice as it can be, but for me the most important is, that I can tape it. Some time I would like to get a better camera, but I am fine with what I have now.

It is great fun to keep this little videos, even for themselves later, when they are older.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back