Parents My dd has done really well this year

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We are from Holland, so the whole gymnastics system is different from what most of you have in the USA or CA. But my daughter got into the, what we call, the selection team of our towns gymnastics club almost 3 years ago. She wanted to learn more difficult things and train more. But recreational didn't offer more difficult things and only train 1 hour a week. The selection team is only 1 group, divided into 2 and they train 3 to 4 hours a week. When my daughter joined, she was quite weak, because she never learned the basics of a handspring properly. She basically skipped 2 levels, in which these things are taught.

So this is for the people who never knew about me and my daughter. So the first 2 years she didn't go further than just the 2 pre competitions in a season. About half of the best girls in several areas could place for regional semi-final, after these 2 pre-competitions. She never came further.

Since more than a year, she has been training extra at another club, about 25 minutes away, in a real gymnastics hall. And she really improved since then.

So now going to this season. She had her 1st competition end of November 2008. She is in the age group called youth now, which you are for 2 years. So she had to go against girls that are mostly a bit or a year older than her. There were 36 girls, so we said, you know if you end up in the first half, you have done really well. And she became 9th, so we were all very happy and proud. The 2nd competition was beginning of March and we said if you end around the same as last time, you are through to the semi-final. She came 6th, so even better. Very happy to have made the semi-final for the first time.

Now then last Saturday was that semi-final. 29 girls. We told her, you have nothing to lose, all you can do is your best and see how you do. Well she had a fall off bars, so we thought, ohoh. But she did really well. When the prize handing out was happening. She and we too, were all supershocked, because she came 2nd!!!!!! Her first medal ever and of course through to the final.

Check out her video's on her website, if you like:

www.freewebs.com/talithasgymnastics

Carina, "T" really has improved so much since adding that new gym. She looks good in her videos! Tell "T" - Good Luck at Finals

Thanks so much gymgramma. It is true she has improved a lot. Also because some things are being taught wrong and they fix it at the other club.

Wow! She really has improved. Her bars were lovely despite the fall. Congrats to her on doing so well! :)

So glad you found your way back here! I've often wondered how you both were doing! Thanks for sharing the videos, T looks AMAZING! Congrats on the awards and good luck with your new gym!!

Wow, congratulations to her!! I watched some her old videos as well and it's wonderful to see how much she's improved. I love her website, too.

nicely done! She has really great form especially with her legs! My DD struggles with the tight legs and nicely pointed toes but does get them done when needed.

T sure has improved since she started training extra at this other club, so am glad she will be going there completely now. And not sure when she started to improve so much with her tight legs and all. I think that is really her strong point.

So glad you found your way back here! I've often wondered how you both were doing! Thanks for sharing the videos, T looks AMAZING! Congrats on the awards and good luck with your new gym!!

I am glad I found my way back too. I just have those periods, where i just don't have the time or forget about this place. Bad of me, lol. But it is nice to be able to share here how things are going. So should really try to come here at least once a month.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back