Parents My son is moving up!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My son, Joseph completed his first season of competition last year. I was so proud of him for making it to state! I noticed as we were going through the year that girls gymnastics and boys gymnastics are very different. Coaches seem to take their time more with boys, so I was really suprised when Joseph was placed the level 5/6 practice group over the summer. The fall schedule just came out and apparently little man (8) has been working very hard. He's moving up to 5! I'm excited for him. Honestly, I wanted him to repeat 4 because his sister brings home 4-5 medals from every meet while he usually gets 1-2. I was hoping a repeat year would level the playing field for him a bit! But he doesn't really seem to notice and REALLY wanted to move up to 5, so if that's what he wants, I'm glad he got it! Congratulations, Joseph!

Congratulations to you and your son of course!!! It is very hard work! and Level 5 is a BIG challenge!!!.
My son has been doing it for 3 years!! He is also training L5...So far he is enjoying the challenge and working hard.
Boys are WAY different than girls....Most of all they have time on their side. They don't need to rush like the girls. That works out too because boys don't concentrate as well as girls either so it takes them longer.

Good Luck Joseph...keep it up!
Jeannie
YouTube - pickletwist's Channel

Last edited:
Congratulations to you and your son of course!!! It is very hard work! and Level 5 is a BIG challenge!!!.
My son has been doing it for 3 years!! He is also training L5...So far he is enjoying the challenge and working hard.
Boys are WAY different than girls....Most of all they have time on their side. They don't need to rush like the girls. That works out too because boys don't concentrate as well as girls either so it takes them longer.

Good Luck Joseph...keep it up!
Jeannie
YouTube - pickletwist's Channel

Thanks for the congrats and for including your youtube channel! I can't wait to watch some of the videos. I have a really hard time getting good vids of Joseph because he's usually so far away and I just have my little digital elf. I look forward to seeing how your son does this coming year!

I agree that boys NEED the extra time they have in the sport. My son isn't nearly as dedicated as his sister, but he is starting to blossom and enjoy the challenge. Thanks again!

Boys have more time besides they have to deal with their growth spurts which change their strength to weight ratio drastically besides upping their testosterone levels up, up and away. Until then girls and boys post puberty have just about the same T-levels.

However, a girl has to be up and coming by puberty to have any hopes as an elite and she has to be something by the time of puberty or just past to get into collegiate gymnastics with a scholarship.

Good luck in L5. It's a big step up.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back