Coaches My turn on the brag train.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

CoachGoofy

We had our first "real"-not in house-T&T meet this weekend.

All of my athletes moved up on at least one event between our in house last month and this one, so I was expecting a lot of inexperience kinks. Boy did they prove me wrong!

I've got a little thing that's level 5 on tumbling & 6 on tramp/double mini. It took her a YEAR to mobilize from 5 to 6. It took her one meet to get the score from 6 to 7. She doesn't even know that she got the mobility score yet, just that she felt good at the meet.

My L6/6/7 just moved up on tumbling. She didn't quite get the tumbling mobility score (which is fine b/c there's no way she can tumble 7 at this point, she just moved up) but had this been a qualifying meet she would have made nationals. And she's doing 7 on trampoline for sure next meet, which is a Big Deal b/c it's kind of an intimidating routine.

My 2 girls who do L7/L7 and don't tumble really pulled it together. One was a first time 7 and didn't look it, the other missed a ton of practice being sick & did the cleanest routine I've ever seen her do. Bonus points for kicking the double mini mobility score out of the park.

I've got a 6/8/8 who I was worried for in warmups--she didnt hit a single tumbling or DM pass. So what does she do in competition? All her passes, of course. She would have made nationals on TR and DM, & barely missed on tumbling. This was her first time doing L8 trampoline & she made it through both routines so that was a big deal. (L8 and higher have a compulsory and an optional routine on trampoline).

And then there's my 7/8/8. First L7 meet on tumbling, right? Couldn't count her backhandsprings in warmup, which is always exciting. Um yeah, she's 8/8/8 now if she keeps up the good work. And she did a Cody on trampoline for the first time on an unfamiliar trampoline. I was pretty excited about that, never mind the rest of her routines (which were pretty clean for a first time at the level).

A good time was had by all, I think. And now we get to uptrain a bunch b/c everyone knows their routines, everyone ahs the option of moving up on at least one event, and it's exciting.

/longwinded brag

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back