Parents MyMeetScores errors

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DataMom

Proud Parent
I realize this is sort of stupid, but my daughter's MyMeetScores page has Top 100 scores that really shouldn't be on there - for whatever reason, they calculated L2 Top 100 for just a couple of meets, including one my daughter was in, but not another one she was in where she scored higher. Is there a way to get these corrected?

Not really. They only have the scores that are reported.

Is there a way to get these corrected?

No... that website is terrible. It's highly used... but not accurate at all.

They have no interest in updating anything to make it correct.

It's basically just a robot scraper gathering data.

I wish they had never started with the top 100 stuff. It means nothing and is completely inaccurate. The site a good resource to look at your child's (or your team's) scores and for doing preliminary searching when looking for a new gym or when starting the recruiting process but that's about all.

I wish they had never started with the top 100 stuff. It means nothing and is completely inaccurate. The site a good resource to look at your child's (or your team's) scores and for doing preliminary searching when looking for a new gym or when starting the recruiting process but that's about all.
Agree with this. There's a gym near us that hangs banners for their athletes with scores on the top 100...not even close to accurate.

My kid is top 100. I don’t remember what for. It’s so far in the rear view mirror. Beyond irrelevant

No... that website is terrible. It's highly used... but not accurate at all.

They have no interest in updating anything to make it correct.

It's basically just a robot scraper gathering data.
Last year I actually wrote my own scraper to calculate accurate scores and placements because it bothered me so much! I know it's all stupid, it's just annoying that she has these scores featured on her page and they're nowhere near "Top 100".

Reactions: JBS
You realize it is only Top 100 at that moment in time right? So, at the beginning of the season the meets start of slowly and theres only say two meets going on ( reporting to that site ) and it just puts the top 100 scores at that time...so your daughter may have scored lower at that meet, but AT that time is was enough to make the top 100 ( even if there were only 100 scores at that time all those kids would make it even if their score was a 8.1... Flash forward a few weeks into meet season and it gets much harder to make it into top 100 .. and a kid could make top 100 and you see it on a friday and that score could be beat by 100 more kids by saturday! Make sense?

Is there a way to get these corrected?

I know everyone's saying no, but ack-chully... I just got two things changed.
In the first instance below, I asked them to change it last year and nothing happened. So I tried it again this year. Maybe when they updated the site they got new staff. IDK

One, you need an account, so sign up for one.
Then, go to the support page:
Then open a ticket.
You'll see a dropdown with irritatingly limited options.
For one change, there was a meet she had scores for, but in reality, she scratched at the last minute (super high fever in Dec 2019, but tested negative for flu...hmm). I chose "misspelled name."
In the text field, I said I was sorry to lie, but there's no dropdown for this particular problem.
Then I described the issue in detail, including a link to the bad meet and my daughter's profile. I sent her USAG ID number in the ticket. I offered proof of motherhood and a receipt from the ER with the date on it (should they need it).

This time, they changed it with no questions and no requests for proof (which I would have provided natch)

The second change was a duplicate gymnast. She changed gyms, so they gave her another profile. That one was easy because there was a choice on the dropdown.

This is how I procrastinate the actual work I have to do. I'm so good at that.

Last year I actually wrote my own scraper to calculate accurate scores and placements because it bothered me so much! I know it's all stupid, it's just annoying that she has these scores featured on her page and they're nowhere near "Top 100".
Last year the coach wouldn't tell us who made Regionals. He just wouldn't send out an email. Wouldn't say crap. The owners congratulated a couple of the XS girls who made it during their practice but not in an official way.
I found the allotments for Xcel, went to the State meet site, copy pasted into excel (only to find it won't paste as numbers and you have to reformulate and I don't mean reformat the cell. it was bonkers) and figured it out.
Coach quit soon after, but whatever.
(details changed to protect the guilty)

You realize it is only Top 100 at that moment in time right? So, at the beginning of the season the meets start of slowly and theres only say two meets going on ( reporting to that site ) and it just puts the top 100 scores at that time...so your daughter may have scored lower at that meet, but AT that time is was enough to make the top 100 ( even if there were only 100 scores at that time all those kids would make it even if their score was a 8.1... Flash forward a few weeks into meet season and it gets much harder to make it into top 100 .. and a kid could make top 100 and you see it on a friday and that score could be beat by 100 more kids by saturday! Make sense?
Yes, I do - but they randomly added in Top 100 Scores from 2 years ago, and they didn't include all meets from that year, just a couple of them, and that's what they added to my daughter's profile. The meet was in October/November 2021, so it definitely wasn't high enough for a Top 100.

I know everyone's saying no, but ack-chully... I just got two things changed.
In the first instance below, I asked them to change it last year and nothing happened. So I tried it again this year. Maybe when they updated the site they got new staff. IDK

One, you need an account, so sign up for one.
Then, go to the support page:
Then open a ticket.
You'll see a dropdown with irritatingly limited options.
For one change, there was a meet she had scores for, but in reality, she scratched at the last minute (super high fever in Dec 2019, but tested negative for flu...hmm). I chose "misspelled name."
In the text field, I said I was sorry to lie, but there's no dropdown for this particular problem.
Then I described the issue in detail, including a link to the bad meet and my daughter's profile. I sent her USAG ID number in the ticket. I offered proof of motherhood and a receipt from the ER with the date on it (should they need it).

This time, they changed it with no questions and no requests for proof (which I would have provided natch)

The second change was a duplicate gymnast. She changed gyms, so they gave her another profile. That one was easy because there was a choice on the dropdown.

This is how I procrastinate the actual work I have to do. I'm so good at that.
I ended up emailing them (their shopping email address, the only one I could find), and they fixed it! I had looked at their support but also noticed that the options weren't helpful.

And yes, this is how I procrastinate too!! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back