WAG mymeetscores posting

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gigi

Proud Parent
It is so odd that some meet scores are posted on meetscoresonline.com but not mymeetscores.com. Why would any host gym not want to post on both?

As far as I can tell, frustrating as it is, there isn’t really any benefits or incentives for gyms to post them to either place.

The Maryland state meet was real time on meetscoresonline the next day or two it was on mymeetscores

It is so odd that some meet scores are posted on meetscoresonline.com but not mymeetscores.com. Why would any host gym not want to post on both?

A gym can't really post scores to MyMeetScores.com per se. From my understanding MyMeetScores is just a program that was created to pull data from other websites. There is a place where you can submit meet scores, but from previous experience submitting them does not always mean they get posted.

Some of this is also dependent on the meet scoring system that is used. MyMeetScores pulls data from BeyondTheScores. However, there is no way to upload scores from BeyondTheScores to MeetScoresOnline. The only way to upload scores to MeetScoresOnline is through using a Pro Score system or ScoreMaster. Confused yet ;)

Some of this is also dependent on the meet scoring system that is used. MyMeetScores pulls data from BeyondTheScores. However, there is no way to upload scores from BeyondTheScores to MeetScoresOnline. The only way to upload scores to MeetScoresOnline is through using a Pro Score system or ScoreMaster. Confused yet ;)

And yet, the only meet from this season not showing up on mymeetscores is the one who used beyondthescores for live scoring...lol.

And yet, the only meet from this season not showing up on mymeetscores is the one who used beyondthescores for live scoring...lol.

Ha, go figure! MyMeetScores is definitely a flawed program at best!! Our first few meets of the season only posted their scores on their meet websites, so it looks like our kids have only competed in a handful of meets if you base it on MyMeetScores. That's why I keep my own spreadsheet though I guess.

I prefer the format of mymeetscores, but they miss a lot of the meets that show up on MeetScoresOnline. My dd also appears as her former level on mymeetscores, although if you click on her name most of her recent meets come up. One database that encompasses everything would be great, but I guess that's asking a lot considering both run on donations or advertising.

We have had 4 meets in the past year use Beyond the Scores. 3 of them made it to mymeetscores.
Plus a meet from last season that used Meet Integrity is on there.
Of the 5 possible meets, YG only competed in 3 of them... and only 2 are on there.

Speaking on Mymeetscores, I think they have been hacked!! Top 100 AA scores ends at 34.00? Top 100 floor ends at at 8.9? What Is going on???

Reactions: sce
Yes, I noticed last week that several of my daughter's top 100 scores went missing, even though the score itself still falls within the top 100. I see that other gymnasts still have their top 100 # posted in the same level. I can't find a rhyme or reason to it. Several girls "from our gym" lost their standings, but not all from our gym, and not even an entire meet went missing. So I don't know! It's definitely frustrating, because she worked hard for those scores, but what ca you do. :(

Yes, I noticed last week that several of my daughter's top 100 scores went missing, even though the score itself still falls within the top 100. I see that other gymnasts still have their top 100 # posted in the same level. I can't find a rhyme or reason to it. Several girls "from our gym" lost their standings, but not all from our gym, and not even an entire meet went missing. So I don't know! It's definitely frustrating, because she worked hard for those scores, but what ca you do. :(

Why all the wringing of hands over this very flawed website? This site has been flawed for years and the fact that someone’s score isn’t on the site doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. This website has never, ever been an authoritative source for historical scores. Frankly, trying to compare scores across the meets nation-wide in a season as this site does is fraught with challenges, not the least of which is that judges are not the same from state to state.

Eh, I don't know. I stopped taking the top 100 thing seriously when I saw that many of the people from our gym who were making it achieved those scores in an annual meet with notoriously easy scoring. They put the same amount of work into those 9.8s and 9.9s they got there as they did for the 9.4s and 9.5s they got at other meets. Scores and even ordinals are pretty meaningless without context.

Why all the wringing of hands over this very flawed website? This site has been flawed for years and the fact that someone’s score isn’t on the site doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. This website has never, ever been an authoritative source for historical scores. Frankly, trying to compare scores across the meets nation-wide in a season as this site does is fraught with challenges, not the least of which is that judges are not the same from state to state.
i think some may worry that college recruiters are using this as their primary source regarding potential recruits scores?

i think some may worry that college recruiters are using this as their primary source regarding potential recruits scores?
Pretty sure they are smarter than that. I am also sure college caoches know which meets to watch. As well, they can get information from a gyamnast's coach.

Any college gym recruiter using that site would immediately be off my dd’s list if for no other reason than not knowing how to get real scores for a potential recruit.

Mymeetscores needs to just go into the history books and people need to stop putting so much stock in the bad data contained there.

Any college gym recruiter using that site would immediately be off my dd’s list if for no other reason than not knowing how to get real scores for a potential recruit.

Mymeetscores needs to just go into the history books and people need to stop putting so much stock in the bad data contained there.
I agree. it served it's purpose when a lot less meets posted to meetscoresonline etc. But many meet results are much easier to obtain now and mymeetscores is not keeping up. A s well, it has always been limited to WAG.

This has happened to girls at our gym and my daughters take that list super seriously

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back