WAG Name ideas for a gymnastics meet?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

T

theworldgymnast_00

I am stuck for a name for my gymnastics meet. I don't want it to include the location or our club name in it. Anything is appreciated! x

Most of the meets we attend somehow have a name related to it being seasonal. I don't know when your meet is, but depending on when it is, it could be something like that.

so something like 'Winter Classic' or 'Autumn Leaves Invitational' or something like that? love that idea x

Most of the meets we attend somehow have a name related to it being seasonal. I don't know when your meet is, but depending on when it is, it could be something like that.

Yeah, that is a good idea....maybe "XXX Spring Fling 2014" or "XXX Winter Classic" or something like that (insert whatever descriptor or identifyer you'd like for the xxx).

Mardi Gras Madness
Flippin' in the Dark - Glow in the Dark Decorations
Wild About Gymnastics
Cotton Candy Classic
Winter Wonderland
Follow the Road to Your Dreams Invitational
Tumble into Spring/Fall/Summer

We just attended a Happy Happy Happy meet for Duck Dynasty.
You could do some other show/movie. Maybe base it off of the new movie Frozen! It would certainly go with the weather..

Let's see, there's...
  • Seasonal (as mentioned)
  • General Location / Landmark themed, e.g., "Grand Teton Rendevous", "Prairie Promenade", "Nashville Nights"
  • Party / Music Theme, e.g., "Rockin Rebels Open", "Luau in Luxembourg", "Surf's Up Challenge", "Rhythm N Blues Attack" , Country Dancin' Classic, , etc..
  • Charity Theme (if you are donating to charity), e.g., Think Pink (like for cancer research)
  • Random Theme, like an animal, flower, jewel, e.g., Diamond Delight, Grizzly Bear Showdown, Tumbling Tulip Fest (and have gifts, swag with that theme)
  • Inspiration Theme, e.g using words like Triumph, Achieve, Power, Glory, Super-Star, Summit, Strength, Fantastic, Spirit, Soul, Freedom, Unity
Note: some of the above are real examples; most are made up.

Have fun with your naming!

Maybe something that has to do with st.pattys day? Maybe it has something with the word luck in it? I'm just brainstorming :)

Lots of good ideas already! It's hard to come up with anything appropriate without knowing time of year. Age of gymnasts is also good to know. Something like the Teddy Bear Classic is cute for little ones, maybe not so much for older teens. Is there a theme? That can also be helpful in coming up with a name (holiday, season, beach, movie/tv show, music, etc.).
I know some meets named for a local symbol like a flower/plant (Rose, Tulip, Cactus), landmark (Capitol city, Coastal/Beach, prominent industry like a racetrack or tourist spot). Maybe that will spark some ideas?

Some general gym-friendly ideas:
Monkeying Around
Flip Into Spring
Tumble in the Jungle

Wow!I'm jealous .Our meets are called:

DC,DF,DN1 regional-National chiampionship stream.

Followed by a heart warming little note:
"Non justified absences will will be FINED":eek:

Wow!I'm jealous .Our meets are called:

DC,DF,DN1 regional-National chiampionship stream.

Followed by a heart warming little note:
"Non justified absences will will be FINED":eek:
That makes me feel better about our little notes, which don't mention unjustified absences but do mention the need for bottled water and a pair of white socks:) Perhaps we could start a petition to name ours things like the "Croissant Challenge Cup" or, even better, the "Champagne Challenge Cup"!

Yeah, that is a good idea....maybe "XXX Spring Fling 2014" or "XXX Winter Classic" or something like that (insert whatever descriptor or identifyer you'd like for the xxx).
It used to be that there wer about two invitational or grandiose opens each year. Other than those you just had a meet with no pomp and circumstance. The name game is driving me nuts to the point of lunacy, so how about.......

Not another (*^&^$%_^)$ invitational!!!!

That makes me feel better about our little notes, which don't mention unjustified absences but do mention the need for bottled water and a pair of white socks:) Perhaps we could start a petition to name ours things like the "Croissant Challenge Cup" or, even better, the "Champagne Challenge Cup"!
I would be all over sending a team to the Croissant Challenge Cup! Especially if a large supply of them could be found in the coach's room.
Like dunno said, 15-ish years ago we would go to 2 or so "named" meets a year (and one of those was the Judge's Cup), the rest were just standard meets with no fancy/themed awards. It was always really exciting to go to one of the "big" meets where you could buy a t-shirt or had a chance to get medals.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back