Name that skill

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

[youtube]-MyI5iVcEPg[/youtube]

At about 1:35, she does this inside out somersault type of thing. What is it called, and how do you go about doing this? Any tips or drills? I've never seen it before, but it looks cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Maddiekate,

I think the skill you are referring to (at about 1:35 on the video) would be the bar skill called a stalder (Shayla does it with a full turn on low bar). A stalder is an advanced skill. It's basically a straddle circle up to a handstand. It is a skill from the 70's which has been more popular in the past few code of points due to it's increase in value. Keep working hard and maybe you will do it someday! Good luck!

When you say 1:35, you mean 1:35 from the beginning, not the end, right?

By the way, does anybody know why youtube videos show time as a countdown instead of a count up when they are displayed on non-youtube pages?

yes, 1:35 from the beginning. I don't know why they count down when imbedded. I don't like it.

counting down, it shows at about 2:25. It is on floor.

Last edited:
The skill is a stalder to full turn. A hindorff is a stalder to a tkatchev.

Stalder is the name. Are you trying to learn this skill?

unless you mean 1 35 into the video.

Then I have to agree with the hindorff call.

... maddiekate, do you mean the skill sort of like in the beginning of my dd's video? the fwd roll thingy? - well I don't even know if it is a skill, but the dd loves doing it....

[youtube]MZTLAG2pueA[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
not sure if it has a name - now I am curious about it... she messed around and just started doing it - I guess just having back flexibility is the key.

I tried it after school today, and i can do it off a bigger mat so that it is like -_ and i stand in front of the higher part. my knees go on the higher part, and i roll out. It hurts my neck 0_o

I tried it after school today, and i can do it off a bigger mat so that it is like -_ and i stand in front of the higher part. my knees go on the higher part, and i roll out. It hurts my neck 0_o

OUCH! be careful :worried:... maybe the coaches will share a couple of safe drills.... my dd used to kind of rock back and forth w/toes to her head and then one day pushed herself forward.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back