WAG Nastia Liukin Cup

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

3rd_time_around

Proud Parent
Judge
I thought the top two level 10s from each meet qualified to this event, but i read this on the website: "The Nastia Liukin Cup Series features many of the country's top gymnastics invitational meets held throughout the United States from January through mid-February 2013. Twenty junior and 15 senior gymnasts from each of the Series events will advance to the Nastia Liukin Cup, which is held in conjunction with the American Cup."

Now, is this badly worded, or does it mean that this year 600 gymnasts are qualifying?

Probably a dumb question, but it does say "from each of the Series events." 35 x 19= 665.

I vote for poorly worded because how on earth would that work out? But you're right, what they wrote does imply that there would be 600+ gymnasts qualifying to the meet. I guess there would probably be some overlap, but still.

I don't really know anything about the Supergirl Cup, but is it possible that that number includes not just level 10 athletes? If levels 7 and up or 8 and up can qualify to the cup then the number would make more sense. Otherwise I'm stumped too. :)

If you click on the link in the article on USAG site, it takes you to more information about the meet to include the number of athletes from each of the qualifiers that make it to the final meet. For the most part, it is 1 junior and 1 senior (with some variation here and there) and they are all level 10 athletes.

So maybe that quoted phrase is just a typo. Perhaps what they really meant was "10 Junior and 15 Senior athletes total from all of the series events."

I'm an English teacher so this sort of thing bugs me! LOL

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back