Parents Nastia Moves on to L5. Yea!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Last weekend was the Missouri State meet. Nastia took 1st in the AA (10 yr olds) with a 37.50. (vt:9.40 ba: 9.25 be:9.40 fl:9.40 ) Consistancy is definately her thing.

She was fairly happy with her state score but she really wanted to top her all-time AA of 38.450. We had to remind her that beating that score would be tough-to-do, and not to put too much weight on it.

Her biggest thrill was when the L5 coach approached her after the meet and welcomed her to Level 5. Even though the 'official' transition isn't until June, Nastia felt pretty special that the coach would give her the thumbs-up so early on.

Thanks for allowing me to share/gloat.
Tim

Nastia sure had a great season. DId you video her state meet. She must be thrilled to be State champ and to be moving on to L5. Will she train more hours?

Nice to see you around, your input is missed.

Hey Tim_Dad! It's been a while! Congrats to Nast--whe had an awesome year!!! I, too am hoping that you got some video of her State meet as well. We have missed you around the CB. Good luck to Nast in level 5!!!

I was worried when you hadn't posted in a while. Such great news to return with!!! Thanks for sharing. Congrats to Nastia!!! State champ that's awesome!!! Good luck with L5!!! Everything going ok with you?

Brilliant. Well done Nastia. Please post her vid. They must be such lovely routines. Congratulations for moving to level 5. Does she have all her level 5 skills or is she still working on some. What a lovely end to the season for her. Wondered where you had been. Procrastinating I expect LOL

Congrats to Nastia!! I am sure she will do wonderfully at level 5 as well. :)

So nice to see you Tim_Dad. Have missed your posts! Hope all is well with you.

Give Nastia some big high 5s!!! Awesome way to end a very very good season. Congrats to her also on moving to L5!

Glad to see you back Tim Dad---I've missed your posts and sense of humor.

Aww thats fabulous! I bet she felt so proud! I hope my little one will do just as well at state in April. What great scores she had and wow on the 38.45!!:)

nice scores!! Goat away!!!

COngrats to your dd

goat away? Are you just 'kidding' haha. I'm sure she will have a great time in level 5 - if they stop 'nanying' her and let her do the 'billy' big skills.

its too early :D

Congrats to Nastia! She had a great season thats for sure!! We are from the same area and we joke around that Alex will have a chance to medal if GQ and Olympiad Chesterfield are NOT there!! hehe! Welcome to Level 5.

Congrats to Nastia! She had a great season thats for sure!! We are from the same area and we joke around that Alex will have a chance to medal if GQ and Olympiad Chesterfield are NOT there!! hehe! Welcome to Level 5.

Thank you all for your comments and support. I'll be sure Nastia reads this thread. It's fun to say that she has an international fan club - exclusive to the Chalk Bucket family of gymnasts. :)

AlexsGymmyMom,

It's only joking amoung adults I hope. Thing is, I witnessed this reaction first hand last year during a Fall Amerikids L4 meet. I stood near a mom who was consoling her crying daughter before the meet even began. She was upset because GQ was there, and apparently her coach didn't think we would be. I'm a proud GQ parent and all, but that scene almost broke my heart. She was absolutely shattered just because the GQ team showed up.

That didn't sit well with me because it's not part of what the Amerikids program is about. In fact, Tom Burgdorf (The area coordinator) makes sure this is known at every meet he hosts. It's about fun - not bling.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back