Nastia, Please Beat Her!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

As they say somewhere..........Them are fightin' words

Go Nastia and anyone else!!!

I hope this pushes Nastia to be flawless on bars in Beijing :pray: :goodvibes::meditate:

Last edited:
That comment alone makes me believe she really is only 14 years old! Not very mature!

Go Nastia!

People...

We are going to have to be careful about jumping up every time a quote is translated from Chinese to English. This happens all the time. What did she mean by "dangerous?" Maybe that meant that she is He's "toughest competition"? What's wrong with that?:confused:

And what is wrong with her being confident? She's saying that if she hits, she should win...which is true...especially with Liukin's God-awful dismount. :eek:

In fact, she may be talking about that dismount when she says "dangerous". Then it all makes sense.

Yeah - I read that comment as well and really didn't think too much about it. I'm sure all these girls know who their biggest competition is on each event. Trying to pump yourself up and possibly pysche out the competition is just part of any sport.

That being said - I really hope Nastia wins bars (Shawn everything else :D) - go USA - only a few more days till the fun begins.

China is confident for sure... but rightfully so :eek: They have a high level of difficulty on every apparatus (although I don't know about fx) between the whole team. Li Shanshan A-score on beam 7.3, He Kexin ub 7.7, Yang Yilin ub 7.7, Cheng Fei has 2 seperate vaults valued at 6.5. This is going to be a tough team to beat.

Right or wrong they may just prove that the smaller, lighter, younger gymnasts are better capable at handling a higher level of difficulty.

Ksenia Semenova's mom is a friend to one of our coaches - trust me the kid was bred to be a champion. Then what about Beth Tweddle? I heard she increased her A-score on UB to 7.8, which makes it the most difficult in the world. Wonder if she can pull off an upset, hmmm. well doubt it & of course I am rooting for the US, but it will be a tough one.... oooooh can't wait! ;)

personally i'd be rooting for nastia regardless of the comment. but people previous to me are right, this is going to be and intensely close competition.

China is confident for sure... but rightfully so :eek: They have a high level of difficulty on every apparatus (although I don't know about fx) between the whole team. Li Shanshan A-score on beam 7.3, He Kexin ub 7.7, Yang Yilin ub 7.7, Cheng Fei has 2 seperate vaults valued at 6.5. This is going to be a tough team to beat.

Right or wrong they may just prove that the smaller, lighter, younger gymnasts are better capable at handling a higher level of difficulty.

Ksenia Semenova's mom is a friend to one of our coaches - trust me the kid was bred to be a champion. Then what about Beth Tweddle? I heard she increased her A-score on UB to 7.8, which makes it the most difficult in the world. Wonder if she can pull off an upset, hmmm. well doubt it & of course I am rooting for the US, but it will be a tough one.... oooooh can't wait! ;)

Beth Tweddle has some type of injury right now that has taken her out of the AA. She will only be doing bars and beam, so I don't know if she'll do the 7.8 routine, since it's her big chance to medal. She for sure has at least a 7.6 or 7.7 though.

Go Nastia!! I cant wait to watch her. I dont like Shawn too much really...and I dont know any others which is kind of bad since im australian and am only following the US :p

I hope Nastia wins EVERYTHING :p but reguardless of whether she wears a medal around her neck - at the end of the day she will always be my champion!

In my opinion, He Kexin is a much better bar worker than both Nastia and Beth (and I am from the UK!), she has cleaner lines, better handstands, and a nicer flow, but thats just my opinion! I don't like Nastia's height, she is too tall for me. I hope He Kexin wins!

In my opinion, He Kexin is a much better bar worker than both Nastia and Beth (and I am from the UK!), she has cleaner lines, better handstands, and a nicer flow, but thats just my opinion! I don't like Nastia's height, she is too tall for me. I hope He Kexin wins!

i agree!! but it is still hard to accept that it will be tough for nastia to win

It sounds like the same thing almost every athlete says. What else is she supposed to say? Actually she probably didn't even come up with it herself. I'm so sure the Chinese national team has free rein over their press coverage.

i'm sure nastia cannot really help how tall she is.

Having travelled a lot in my life and ending up living in many countries and being a citizen of more than one country, I have learned that I want the very best gymnast to win, I don't care where they are from, or whether they come from my country. I just want to see the best there is in the world win.

If Nastia wins because she does her best on the night I would be happy for her. But I would feel the same for HK. I would love to see Beth T on the podium, she is an excellent bar worker and has done so much for gym in the UK.

Yeah - you can't hold her height against her. If anything I give her credit for it b/c she probably has to work that much harder and be that much stronger than the teeny tiny ones. I think her bars are beautiful - she is a very graceful gymnast.

I find it funny how everyone says she SO tall. They make it sound like Nastia's so tall she should have taken up basketball instead of gymnastics:rolleyes:

:rotfl:

Sorry sometimes I amuse myself;) BTW I am only 4'11 and 3/4"

They're all beautiful bar workers. If there's even a tiny mistake it's going to take away chances of being first... I honestly don't know who I want to win.
I'd like Nastia to medal but I want Beth to do really well too!

As for He Kexin and Ksenia Semanova, they're both incredible, as well as near perfect. Nastia has to hit the dismount to win and I honestly don't see her doing it.

PS. Beth has a rib injury and is coming back from a twisted ankle or something as well.

PPS. This is my first post in ages so hi all!

Oh no, don't get me wrong, i understand how much work Nastia will have put into her bars routine, its just a personal preference, I don't tend to like taller gymnasts, im not blaming her or anything! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back