Parents National grade 5

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mogym

Proud Parent
Hi all. First time posting. My daughter who is currently 7, 8 on July has been asked to do national grade 5 next may. I'm delighted as she had done grade 6 club grade in January and thought she was sticking to regional. My question is is the national grade 5 actually recognised? Is it more of a taster to see if they are capable? I'm just wondering because I can't find a thing on the Internet about it. No requirements nothing. No footage. Anyway. Thanks in advance!!

Hi OP, National grade 5 isn't a recognised BG grade but has probably been introduced in your region to bridge the gap between Club Grade 5 and Compulsory 4. (eg she's too good for regional grades but not ready for compulsories)
If she is aiming for National 5 next year your coaches will be working towards the National Grades path with her. National 4 is the first BG national grade and you have to be 10 in the year to compete it. (2024 for your daughter)

This is the description of national 5 in our rules book "This is a new level of National Grade designed to bridge the gap between Club grade 6/ Compulsory Grade 5 and National Grade 4/ Compulsory Grade 4.
It is a Regional level competition only and is intended for gymnasts who will be working towards National Grade 4/ Compulsory Grades in the future.
The competition is open to gymnasts aged 9-11 in the year of competition."

Thanks to both of you. This was my feeling. Yeah she can't do national grade 4 next year as she will be too young. As you said 2024 she will do that hopefully! It might be worth me having a chat with the coach as to what direction they are thinking. I'm happy with national route for her as I have seen how rock hard the compulsories are!!!

Reactions: rd7

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back