MAG National Qualifier

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
I know I have seen the start list for this weekend's national qualifier, but I cannot seem to find it. Does anyone know where it is?

they are all high school age, but not all seniors. Ds has a couple of friends competing in that group...one I am pretty sure is 16.

Anyone want to explain this to another rookie? :). How do gymnasts qualify to the qualifier? I understand little beyond JO. Or is there somewhere I can read to learn how it's all connected?

Here is what it says:
To be eligible to enter the National Qualifier, an athlete must meet the following criteria:
• Must be a United States citizen by the start of competition and a current USA Gymnastics athlete member.
• Entry to the National Qualifier must be made through the USA Gymnastics online portal (entry instructions below) and are due with a $125 entry fee by Friday June 16. Any approved entries received at USA Gymnastics after June 16, will require a $50 late fee to validate the entry. Approval for entries received after June 16 is not automatic.
• Any USA Gymnastics athlete member 18 years of age or older (must be 18 in 2017) may enter the National Qualifier with the intent of qualifying to the Senior Division at the P&G Gymnastics Championships.
• Junior Division athletes will compete in two age divisions, 15 to 16 and 17 to 18, based on the athlete’s age as of May 31, 2017. All junior division athletes must compete both optional and technical sequence routines to be eligible for the Junior Division at the P&G Gymnastics Championships.
• Junior athletes who participated at the 2017 Junior Olympic National Championships must have competed in the Junior Elite Division in order to be eligible to enter the National Qualifier.
• Special Note: An athlete who turns 15 in the year of the P&G Gymnastics Championships may participate at the National Qualifier in the 15 to 16 year old age group for qualification to the P&G Gymnastics Championships. (MPC 2-8-13

So this is a separate competition from Nationals right? (And then in the results of that, they get on the list that you posted?)

Most of the kids who go to qualifiers as a Junior Elite either just missed qualifying to P&G's at JO nationals or were injured and did not compete at JO nationals.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back