nationals for 2015

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

No, they didn't. At the general meeting for all coaches they mentioned that they intended to have the same format (combining the three disciplines) for the foreseeable future and said they had 7 different cities interested in hosting next year's event. They also said they would take a bit to evaluate the event and see what aspects needed to be "tweaked" for future events and then would hopefully be able to decide on a location and make the announcement. It was mentioned that their intention would be to announce the next year's location at nationals in the future.

What a bummer. Did they happen to say if they plan to stay with having 2 seperate national's one for level 5-7 and the other for 8 and up? My feeling was this was a big hardship for families and gyms. Our gym could not go somewhere totally different twice leaving the gym for more than a week so we did not attend either. I mean you have family, expense, and trying to cover someone to coach. I think that aspect was really bad.

I also hope they combine them. Would be great for my L5/6 to be able to watch the higher levels including one of her Coaches :)

They didn't mention anything in the general meeting, but we had breakout sessions by discipline afterwards. I coach acrobatic, so it's entirely possible the T&T coaches asked that question in their session and I just wasn't there to hear it.

From the chatter/gossip I've heard going around, there's talk of removing more levels from the acro discipline for this event. This year, our level 5's didn't have a national competition at all — I've heard rumors that for the 2015 season level 6 will not be included either and that there's talk of having a split/dual nationals format for acro as well. So, if I had to guess, I would say they're not going to add/include additional levels for any of the disciplines for this particular competition.

I agree that this is a huge challenge for gyms and I see the acro community having the same negative reaction as T&T did to this approach.

We have just been told June 23-28 location still TBD
I received an email with those dates as well, followed by a second email cautioning against telling parents without the disclaimer that they were subject to change since the final contracts had not been signed yet. They said it was narrowed down to two locations (which they didn't name) and that they would be making a formal location announcement by the end of the month.

I hope they can confirm the dates soon. I have to submit for my 2015 vacation time by October 1st. Summer time is always the hardest to get time off. Coach M - I know they didn't want to name where until contracts where signed, but did they give any indication of what part of the US it would be in?

I hope they can confirm the dates soon. I have to submit for my 2015 vacation time by October 1st. Summer time is always the hardest to get time off. Coach M - I know they didn't want to name where until contracts where signed, but did they give any indication of what part of the US it would be in?
If they stick to what they said, we should know by the end of the month (hopefully not the last day of the month so you can meet your deadline). They didn't give an idea of the location, but the rumors I have heard were San Jose, CA or somewhere East coast. Not really helpful at all since those are completely opposite sides of the country.

I guess we are not going to get any confirmation by the end on of the month. Hopefully we will hear soon!

I wonder if which ever city they were in negotiations with fell through. This would mean that those dates are no good.

Well last year I think it was like Jan. when they finally announced it. Maybe they meant they would announce the women's level 9/10 National's locations cause they did that. Also the director is quitting so maybe they just are not making much of a priority out of it. It's annoying. It is especially aggravating to me because this is most likely my last year competing and if it is going to be some place more feasible for me to go I wanted to train level 9 really hard and go so I could have a chance at placing. If it is going to be somewhere where no coaches from my gym will go I am going to compete level 10 so I can finish up with that. I know it shouldn't make much of a difference but I have limited training time and would need to sort things out. poop :(

Honestly, I just think it's not a priority for USAG at the moment. With Rhythmic worlds just finishing and Artistic worlds just beginning, I doubt announcing the location is too top of mind for them.

If they would negotiate farther in advance, I am sure they would get a better deal. I've done event planning and when you give more notice, you get more options (because more properties are open) which makes for more competition and better pricing. It's a shame they drag it out so long. And I am sure the coaches, gym owners, parents, and athletes would love to be able to plan ahead of time as well.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back