WAG nationals in xcel

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi, last year was my first year at xcel and there was a lot of covid cases so we didn't really go to any meets. so I was wondering if xcel goes nationals like jo.

Hi, last year was my first year at xcel and there was a lot of covid cases so we didn't really go to any meets. so I was wondering if xcel goes nationals like jo.
There is not currently an Xcel nationals, but there are regional meets! You qualify to regionals via state, and the score/method depends on your region. In region 2 for example, golds will be a percentage of a percent, and platinums and diamonds will need a 34.0 AA at state. I do not know how it works in other regions.

We are in Georgia and are going to an NGA "nationals" meet in Florida in June (those who qualify). I'm not a gymnastics expert but our coach is referring to it as Nationals FWIW. Our daughter is Xcel Silver.

There is not currently an Xcel nationals, but there are regional meets! You qualify to regionals via state, and the score/method depends on your region. In region 2 for example, golds will be a percentage of a percent, and platinums and diamonds will need a 34.0 AA at state. I do not know how it works in other regions.
If COVID wasn’t a thing would there be nationals?

If COVID wasn’t a thing would there be nationals?
No. The only national meet through USAG is Level 10 nationals. Level 9 has a semi nationals - they have easterns and westerns but they don't then compete against each other. Below that, it is only regionals. Xcel is more than 10 years old. It is growing but I doubt it will even have a national championship.

There is a national xcel Invitational in June. It is an Invitational but if lots of gyms went it could make it more like "nationals"
Interesting. The only issue from my perspective, is that is over a month after our regionals, and two months after state (our silvers don't do the regional invitational). We are going to be deep into off season/up training at that point and definitely not going to be running old routines by then. I think nationals works better for level 10s, who are likely staying the same level, or else going to college where they will be using similar skills. I know that once state ends, I am going to be working on new skills and conditioning for my Xcel silvers and golds and take a break from trying to maximize scoring potential.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back