MAG Nationals!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

Pigeon

Proud Parent
Nationals schedule has been posted! Can any one explain to me how the level 10 Regional team works. It looks like it is right after the JE session, so does that mean the JE kids aren't part of the regional team? Do the kids on the regional team compete in the regular JN sessions as well? Do the JE kids do event finals with the JN kids? So many questions! (This is my son's first year as a level 10).

1679335459004.png

REgion team is NOT elite. the JE kids do the Elite team cup, and the region team is JN kids to compete as a region. It is usually the top JN kids in the region at regionals.

JE is the Junior Elite track. They will compete against each other. They have to do tech sequences to get there, and some do them at nationals.

JN will do optional routines only. They do not do tech sequences.

They are just 2 different "tracks"

JE is the Junior Elite track. They will compete against each other. They have to do tech sequences to get there, and some do them at nationals.

JN will do optional routines only. They do not do tech sequences.

They are just 2 different "tracks"
Thanks!

Let me know if I am understanding this correctly—
I saw a group of older boys doing tech sequences at our state meet. I assume those boys were trying to qualify for JE? If they didn’t do well enough on their tech sequences to qualify for JE but do they well AA at regionals, they can go to nationals and compete JN, right? Are there more JEs or JNs at Nationals? Do boys end up doing JE some years and JN other years depending on how the season is going?

Thanks!

Let me know if I am understanding this correctly—
I saw a group of older boys doing tech sequences at our state meet. I assume those boys were trying to qualify for JE? If they didn’t do well enough on their tech sequences to qualify for JE but do they well AA at regionals, they can go to nationals and compete JN, right? Are there more JEs or JNs at Nationals? Do boys end up doing JE some years and JN other years depending on how the season is going?

OK. Yes, if they do not make it as JE but do as JN they can go as JN.

There are more JNs, thus the multiple sessions of JN.

Yes, boys can go back and forth between JE/JN.

What happens when a region’s allotment for a JE level is 0?

Usually that means there are no kids at that level that did the JE route at the state meets. However, JE does not usually follow an allotment. They usually have to hit a certain combined score at regionals. It is that "or" after # 2 that helps. If doign JE, the key is to hit that combined score.

Athletes must compete both the Technical Sequences and Optional Routines. Qualification to Development National Championships is determined by:
1. Athletes must compete the Technical Sequences on all six (6) events, and
2. Athletes must qualify within their region’s total allotment, or
3. Athletes must achieve the following combined total score to advance to the Junior Elite Division at the 2023 Development National Championships:
a. Level 8 – 122.00 AA
b. Level 9 – 123.00 AA
c. Level 10 Jr. – 123.00 AA
d. Level 10 Sr. – 124.00 AA

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back