WAG NCAA 20-21

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Muddlethru

Proud Parent
Has anyone been informed what their daughter’s colleges/universities will be doing for the upcoming year?

There’s no word at all for us. It will be devastating to lose a whole year. My daughter is a rising sophomore. With her first year cut short and second year still uncertain, it is disconcerting. Don’t know how they’ll get back after a year if sports are cancelled and no practice is available.

My daughter dives for her college team. She's still waiting as well. All we know is that the university will follow the NCAA rules/guidelines which I looked at and aren't really helpful.

dd is D3. No word yet here either. My thoughts? Since D3 sports don't make much/any money, it seems more likely than D1 to just scrap the whole year. With the majority of the D3s being smaller self-contained campuses, they can reduce their exposure by keeping the students on campus, not letting teams travel. Practices are another matter. I anticipate they will allow these in some fashion - likely with split practices to reduce numbers, just like for classes

I think everyone is in the same boat, hoping that there will be a season. I know for my daughter that practice will start though we will have to see how the fall goes. I think that there is a lot that will happen before it even gets to our season and football will determine a lot of it.

I feel so sad for these gymnasts that worked so hard most of their lives and achieved their goal of college gymnastics, and now they don’t even know if they will get to compete this year. The freshman who are supposed to be starting, and the seniors who are supposed to have their last hurrah and final bow. :oops::(

Ivies have a meeting at 5pm today with their sthletes and sources claim, they will be cancelling all fall sports.

Ivies have a meeting at 5pm today with their sthletes and sources claim, they will be cancelling all fall sports.

Yeah. just made it official. Nothing before January 1st. That includes winter sports that might compete before then (basketball and volleyball I think were named)

Yep
My daughter is in an Ivy team. They are currently discussing details,

The Ivy League will not have sports this fall due to concerns over the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, an athlete on an Ivy team confirmed to USA TODAY Sports on Wednesday. That athlete requested anonymity because of the sensitive nature of information. That athlete said team members had been told of the decision.

CBS Sports was the first to report that fall sports would not be played. Ivy League officials have been meeting Wednesday. A formal announcement could come Wednesday evening.

This affects football as well as men’s and women’s soccer, men’s and women’s cross country, and women’s field hockey and volleyball.

CBS also said the league will have no winter sports before Jan. 1, which would include men's and women's basketball and hockey.

D3 centennial conference canceled fall sports yesterday. There is a possibility of some of these sports being moved to spring.

Gymnastics is considered a multi season sport so The big question is whether they will be allowed to practice.

Yep

The Ivy League will not have sports this fall due to concerns over the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, an athlete on an Ivy team confirmed to USA TODAY Sports on Wednesday. That athlete requested anonymity because of the sensitive nature of information. That athlete said team members had been told of the decision.

CBS Sports was the first to report that fall sports would not be played. Ivy League officials have been meeting Wednesday. A formal announcement could come Wednesday evening.

This affects football as well as men’s and women’s soccer, men’s and women’s cross country, and women’s field hockey and volleyball.

CBS also said the league will have no winter sports before Jan. 1, which would include men's and women's basketball and hockey.

We are aware of all that. But there are still the details on practice etc that has not been disclosed in its entirety. Hence, the meeting that my daughter is in today and is likely not mentioned in the news.

Ugh. So much uncertainty. What happens when leagues/conferences modify or cancel the season but the gymnastics team competes against schools in multiple conferences? What happens to gymnastics training when schools stagger and phase in groups of students returning to campus (will there even be training?). I feel so sad for all athletes.

This may be the beginning of the end of college sports as we know them. If they would just cut football everywhere, they wouldn't have to cut any other sports.
Cut football and there is no money for any of the other sports. The only reason college has other sports is because of football

Any details that you can share? I think my dd will be able to train once they are back on campus but what that will look like is up in the air

Nothing to share really. Everything still up in the air. They keep using the words “we will try our best” etc.

ACC announced a couple days ago no fall sports can start until Sept 1 except football. Then it was announced ACC and Big 10 will only play within their conference.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back