WAG NCAA change in recruiting rules?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Faith

Coach
Proud Parent
Gymnast
Hello!

dd has been told by a team mate that NCAA recruiting rules have changed due to COVID.

she graduates in 2023, so our plan was to start eMailing and getting more proactive around christmas.

However a couple of her team mates have been contacted and had video calls this week. Same grad year.

Sure enough this afternoon an email pops up from a ncaa coach asking when she’s available to chat.

it’s D1 but not on her current list.

does this mean colleges are recruiting earlier?

nope. That did not change. They have entered a dead period right now. But the rules are still that you cannot speak to a recruit before June 15th between their sophomore and junior year. so, kids that 2022 could start as of June 15th. Unless international is different......

nope. That did not change. They have entered a dead period right now. But the rules are still that you cannot speak to a recruit before June 15th between their sophomore and junior year. so, kids that 2022 could start as of June 15th. Unless international is different......
That is my experience as well. My 2022 didn't receive any contact until June 15.

Does it have something to do with UK's different educational system? Do NCAA recruiting rules go by when UK students finish their GCSE or their A-levels?

as far as I know it’s A’levels when they turn 18

I wonder if it is international or different sports have different rules?

it is odd as one of these girls has been emailing pretty full on and has had a few replies, and when they’ve found out her age they’ve said they'll get back in touch after next june But they seem to have changed their minds and are contacting now.

i suppose it can’t hurt to fire off a few emails to her top 5. She’s going to arrange to speak to this coach more for a bit of interview practice and obviously to hear them out so we’ll see what they say..

NCAA is seriously confusing sometimes!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back