MAG NCAA men's 6 ft and over club

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
http://www.stickitmedia.com/ncaa-mens-gymnastics-six-feet-and-over-club/

As a parent of a very tall gymnast it's always nice to see this list and share with my son.

That is awesome! My ds has a teammate that is almost 6'5". I think he is a sophomore! He has great hb, but sometimes he isn't able to do it because of the floor. He had to scratch one meet because the hb wouldn't go higher. They had to move the mats off rings so he could swing.

Vault is the real struggle........

6'5" - wow !

Yeah at one of my sons meets we had a wide range of height difference in the rotation group. Coaches got a good workout on high bar removing mats and putting them back during warm-up as different kids were taking their turns. It was funny to watch, but figured the coaches got a good workout on that rotation. ;)

We actually have three pretty tall gymnasts in our optional group.

I have seen on P bars taller gymnasts knees brush the floor a few times. I don't know the details but our coach told us that JO limits the height of the P bars. He did mention that coaches had tried to get that changed, without success so it puts taller gymnast at a disadvantage. I believe this limit is changed for college and fig. But I am no expert so don't know if this is all correct or not.

That is awesome! My ds has a teammate that is almost 6'5". I think he is a sophomore! He has great hb, but sometimes he isn't able to do it because of the floor. He had to scratch one meet because the hb wouldn't go higher. They had to move the mats off rings so he could swing.

Vault is the real struggle........
Wow -- that is crazy! I am sure it presents many challenges that most people wouldn't think of.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back