NCAA NCAA Week 3

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gym_dad32608

Proud Parent
Some good meets spread throughout the weekend. Tonight is all about the SEC with Missouri at LSU, it will be interesting to see how LSU continues to respond to the Kiya Johnson injury. As well as Missouri who is looking to take a step up in their results this year with deep experienced roster. Florida at Alabama is probably the other big meet, as its the first road trip for UF and Alabama with its new coach at home has the talent to top the Gators, could be a 198 alert meet.

Saturday switches to PAC12 with UCLA at Washington, Washington had some impressive start to the season and UCLA does not get the benefit of home scoring here. UCLA should win, but some uncharacteristic wobbles or falls could make this very interesting.

Finally Sunday we are treated to Utah at Oklahoma. Oklahoma finishing up their pre-conference testing until the end of season meet with UF. Not much to say about this other than its two amazingly talented teams.

I am in Washington, and it is so sad to me how hard it is for them to sell tickets, especially when there's an opponent like UCLA featuring world champions and such. First they offered a special where tickets were $5. Then that apparently didn't work so they offered one where you could get a t shirt and a ticket for $12. And that still didn't go over as well as they'd hoped so they tried one more time and packaged the gymnastics meet with the basketball game for $12.

I really want to go tomorrow but I am not buying advance tickets for anything right now, as I am pregnant and two weeks from my due date, so the prospect of same day tickets works for me this season, but I wish there was more interest here!

I am in Washington, and it is so sad to me how hard it is for them to sell tickets, especially when there's an opponent like UCLA featuring world champions and such. First they offered a special where tickets were $5. Then that apparently didn't work so they offered one where you could get a t shirt and a ticket for $12. And that still didn't go over as well as they'd hoped so they tried one more time and packaged the gymnastics meet with the basketball game for $12.

I really want to go tomorrow but I am not buying advance tickets for anything right now, as I am pregnant and two weeks from my due date, so the prospect of same day tickets works for me this season, but I wish there was more interest here!
I think much of the problem is that there is no hype around gymnastics if you are not in the gymnastics community. And for those that are in the gymnastics community, meets are on the weekends. I know that our club and others around us have gotten free/discounted ticket offers to this gymnastics meet and other home meets, but it somehow always falls on meet weekend.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back