Need Another A & B

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gym monkeys mom

Proud Parent
Ok so my DD is changing her beam routine for 2nd Level 8 this season. They have a lot of room to add the skills they want for beam. Our beam coach left for college and we a have a less experienced beam coach right now. Here are her moves and she needs a suggestion on 1 more A & B skill for beam:

A:
jump on mount
full turn
split leap

B:
Jump 3/4
BHS
BHS.

She is going to do either a back tuck dismount or a full dismount. Thanks for the help.

Well, the dismount will have value (a front tuck is an A skill; I think a full might be a B) so that gives her one more. Some more suggestions would be:

B skills:
tuck jump 1/2
front walkover
round off
split jump
switch leap

A skills:
wolf jump
back walkover

A couple more choices, though I'm not sure of the skill values, would be a handstand hold (2 secs) or a needle scale (also 2 sec hold req'd).

A beat jump is like a straight jump but you switch your feet twice in the air. It's in 0:13 of this video. She could probably just do a straight jump but a beat jump is a little more like a 'real' skill. Hope this helps!

I think she should ask an experienced coach for ideas, even if that coach is not her beam coach. I know my coaches throw fits if you want to do certain things they don't consider "real skills"...meaning in this case a beat jump. I think they look pretty, but my coaches' opinon is that they're more of a dance "filler" than an actual skill...so getting a coach's opinion might be good in this case. She can also try out those dance combos and see which one feels good, and ask a teammate how they look.

For L8 there is a compositional deduction for not having both front/side and back acro elements. If she does a CW or RO before her dismount, that will fulfill the front/side requirement.

For example, if she does RO, Tuck dismount, that would give her another B and A. If she does CW, 1/1, that is another A and B.

my b's are BHS, BHS, scale (hold on toe for 2 sec) split jump and straddle jump, she could also do a front scale

I have a backwalkover as an A and i think the full turn is another A but not totally sure

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back