New For 2022
MEMBERS ONLY Parent Group!
Join for FREE!
Status
Not open for further replies.

OklahomaGymnast

Gymnast
Jan 8, 2018
I am 16 level 10 and needs help with cardio because our practices move very fast if anyone had any ideas let me know. I can run 5k but it is really slow. Thanks!

LivGym23

Gymnast
Sep 5, 2017
For cardio, I'd do biking, and treadmill. I would stop running maybe a mile every week and increase it as your times improve!

Megogymnast10:)

Coach
Gymnast
Jun 27, 2018
I am 16 level 10 and needs help with cardio because our practices move very fast if anyone had any ideas let me know. I can run 5k but it is really slow. Thanks!
You could try sprints of 400’s and 800’s with a small amount of rest time so you are used to moving fast but still get breaks so you’re not completely dying.

_gym_wolf_

Gymnast
Feb 16, 2019
You could try high knees for 1+ minute then going directly into a sprint. Also you could do things like treadmills and elliptical.

Gym Geek

Gymnast
Fan
May 29, 2019
Try a “mixed” workout, kinda like jazzercise. You can make this up on your own and do it at home.

I like this circuit:
10 burpees
20 secs running in place
25 jumping jacks
20 secs high knees
30 “normal” mountain climbers (on your hands and toes, NOT the lunge jumps)
20 secs butt-kickers
16 “lunging” mountain climbers

If you keep going in between each set (don’t stop to rest) it strengthens your endurance and is a great cardio workout. Do it over as many times as needed. You can change it up and make it different too.

Reactions: 3rd_time_around
Status
Not open for further replies.