Coaches Need Free-hip drills

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Jabba

Coach
Any great freehip drills out there that DONT require a coach monitoring them 24/7? My kids have a bar station on their own, and I spot freehips/freehip hands on the other bar (still within view, dont worry). We don't need basic stuff - they all go around to horizontal or higher, good shapes. Need something to get them the idea of going to handstand on their own. Sadly, tramp bar and the tower aren't an option for most days due to everything else in the gym. they dont seem to relate just doing back extensions (although if i could incorporate a bar into this somehow, might get a different result). I have them doing freehips in a row, but have found those aren't nearly as productive on their own, as when i watch them. We do have a cast hand trainer/bungee....any way to incorporate that? Suggestions welcome and much appreciated!

Any great freehip drills out there that DONT require a coach monitoring them 24/7? My kids have a bar station on their own, and I spot freehips/freehip hands on the other bar (still within view, dont worry). We don't need basic stuff - they all go around to horizontal or higher, good shapes. Need something to get them the idea of going to handstand on their own. Sadly, tramp bar and the tower aren't an option for most days due to everything else in the gym. they dont seem to relate just doing back extensions (although if i could incorporate a bar into this somehow, might get a different result). I have them doing freehips in a row, but have found those aren't nearly as productive on their own, as when i watch them. We do have a cast hand trainer/bungee....any way to incorporate that? Suggestions welcome and much appreciated!
=

How are you spotting them? In other words, where are your hands.

For the ones going to handstand, i'm just really shadowing/catching their legs once they hit hand (and i'm there in case they shoot too early). I guess going to hand on their own is just a matter of confidence in time for them, but if I could get another drill going for this, i could maybe speed up the process.

For those not going to hand, I spot to horizontal or 3/4 - one hand on their shoulder and one on their stomach (reinforcing hollow).

Coachp, I PMed you back but not sure if it went through. Let me know!

Sent from my SCH-I405 using ChalkBucket mobile app

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back