Parents Need good practice beam and mat for home!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

BouncingCzech

Proud Parent
I know we should be careful about what is done at home but we would like a practice beam for home that is low and mimics the same length and width as a real beam and a good soft sturdy mat. Any tips on good quality and a reputable place to buy online or pretty much Amazon is safe bet? Any brands to recommend? She wants to practice handstands, balance in general, back walkovers so nothing major! I would be grateful! Thank you

I can't answer your question about where to find what you are looking for, but I would be really careful with letting her do back walkovers at home because of the stress they put on her lower back. Before chalkbucket, I didn't realize what a big deal this could be, and my daughter did quite a few (not on a beam- just on the floor). She ended up experiencing quite a bit of back pain and needing an MRI- thankfully, it was clear. But she no longer does any bwo's at home and we've been working to limit the number she does during gym- it's not worth a back injury! Hopefully, someone can help you with your main question if you decide to get a beam for home.

We have a low beam from amazon, but it is really just for turns and leaps. Maybe a few handstands. We got a mat that slides right under it. The beam isn't as long as the one at gym though.

When DD first started we got a mat and fold up beam. The beam is not long and sits directly on the floor. I'd say the mat got used the most as a soft cushioned area to do some stretching or conditioning. The beam was only used for handstands or cartwheels. It has been a long time, so no idea where we purchased. Lots of gyms offer an open gym time where you can go in and use the equipment for a small fee. Maybe not as convenient as home, but you do get the advantage of access to lots of gym equipment and some supervision. Plus fun to go with a friend.

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back