Need lots of good luck vibes...1st qualifier...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kevchriswilli

Proud Parent
I think we are going to need the good luck fairy this weekend. Jordan has a qualifier this Sat. and seems to be still having trouble with her fly away....long story short the level 8-10 are going to florida and her bar coach is going... :( Our other bar coach is out on a honeymoon so the host gym's bar coach is going to spot them... today she told me she thinks she might just do a baby giant tuck....she is still a little scared because her regular coach will not be there to spot her. Does anyone know the deduction for not doing it? Just wondering. Thanks!!

Sending good luck to Jordan, she is a lovely gymnast and I am sure she will do a great job. Have fun and I hope the Flyaway Fairy works for you!

Sending LO flyaway fairies to your dd for her meet. I am not sure of the deduction off hand, but my dd's teammate (mind you she is a level 6) is having flyaway issues & last meet she did it with a spot and received a 7.65 with a pretty decent routine minus that. The meet before she did not do it at all & received a 7.575, again with a nice routine. The coach said it was a 2 point deduction. But I thought it was probably a 1.4. Again, this was for L6.

Is your dd doing a giant as well?

Lots of good wishes coming your way---especially for the flyaway. Hope she can trust this "sub" coach enough to go for the flyaway. Does she do 2 clear hips because the "baby giant" isn't counted as a full circling element. I'm sure she knows she gets a deduction on the spot, but better take that than a larger one for no dismount.

she will dismont her flyaway but not from a giant...normally it's giant giant flyaway. Now it will be giant, baby giant flyaway....does that make sense??lol...sorry I'm confused myself. Here is her routine:

kip , cast handstand, clear hip, squat on to high bar then kip, cast handstand, giant, giant flyaway.

What she is having trouble with is going from a giant to a flyaway.

thanks so much!!
oh here is her rounting:
YouTube - Jordan Williams Level 7 1st Meet

Ok, so she does get her 2 circling elements in. I asked because last season I did see some girls just do a baby giant and tuck dismount---basically the L6 routine as L7s. We had 1 girl on our team last year who ended up doing the baby giant to flyaway because she was releasing the bar way too early on her flyaway from giants and a coach had to be there to make sure she didn't splat on her face everytime. Better to be safe and get a dismount done and then work with her own coaches for the next meet.

Again---good luck. I want to here dh hollering on vault again!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back