Parents Need prayers and the healing fairy

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I

iggy1988

So Cait is at the park today with the rest of the family and slips off the boardwalk and twists her ankle. Really no big deal, people turn their ankles all of the time. She complains a bit but does walk out of the woods on her own power.

Goes to the gym a few hours later for a private. She is supposed to work on vaulting for her TOPs trip coming up (we fly to Houston in two weeks by the way). She complains to her coach that her foot is bothering her a little bit, so he wraps it up and they decide it would be best to work on bar skills to give her foot a rest. Still not a huge deal but some mild concern is starting to spring up.

I need to leave the gym and take 2 other kids of mine to rehearsal for Aristocrats. My DW (thnkgd4kds) calls me and tells me not to panic but she took Cait home because her foot was really starting to bother her and the coaches recommend she take off the next couple of days to rest it. So I am obviously very concerned by this time but I try to stay positive, pick up the kids from rehearsal and head home. When I get home, I am looking at Cait's foot and when I put very mild pressure on the top of her foot by her ankle she winces in pain. I try to hide my worry when this happens but Cait can see right through me and she breaks down in tears. She is practically sobbing talking about how she doesn't want to miss TOPs and things like that.

My wife and I feel so bad for her because she has worked so hard for this opportunity and it is only two weeks away. A good friend of mine, who is our Dr told me that he really doubts there is any type of fracture because of her ability to walk on it after it happened but we are still very concerned now. We will probably take her for x-rays just to be sure but we could really use some prayers and the foot healing fairy to stop by. I know Cait will be absolutely devastated if something is wrong and she cannot compete in Houston..

Thanks for reading this rambling post...

Sean:(

I am sending her lots of healing vibes. Hope that it is just something minor and she feels better soon. Injuries can be so heartbreaking when they happen close to meets, etc. Hope she gets all better and is able to go to TOPS in Houston.

Oh Sean:(

I'm SO saddened to read of Cait's injury. The timing couldn't be worse. Bean would definitely feel her pain, having broken her toe (for a 2nd time in a 5 month stretch) just 1 week before her biggest meet of the season last year. How terribly disheartening for someone who's given so much in preparation for the upcoming trip.

We'll be praying for a minor injury and a speedy recovery. Given the situation with my health, I've come to believe there's a reason for everything. Can't say I always know what it is...but strongly believe it exists.

I'm looking forward to the good news about Cait's foot, followed by an exciting update about her accomplishments in Texas.

Oh Iggy I am so sorry. I will say lots and lots of prayers for Cait! I have been in your shoes ( not quite such a big deal as Houston obviously) DD fractured the growth plate in her wrist a week before her L3 season finale last year.

I hope all is ok and she just needs ice, motrin and rest.

UGH! So hard when something happens before some thing BIG! We delt with a heel fracture before states and missed some very special meets, but worst of all it was a hard to "rest" a very active gymie! I hope that it is only just a sprain and that some rest and keeping off it helps. If it continues to bother her, please take her for an x-ray...being able to walk on it is really no indication of fracture. My DD "walked" on hers for about 2 weeks! I felf horrible! And, sprains/strains can be just as difficult to heal as a fracture, so tell her to take it easy! Hopefully the 2 weeks will be enough time to mend & she will be on her way to Houston.

Poor little thing, sending all my good healing thought her way, and a few healing fairies for extra measure. Lots of rest with that foot elevated will help. COmpress is the fourth too, as that helps reduce swelling.

Oh no.I'm so sorry.Hope she heels speedy fast.
One of my daughters got her thumb bent back all the way,got it caught going down the slide.
It was so swollen and green and blue.Doctor thought it was broke for sure before we got x-rays but luckily it was just sprained.A few days in a splint and she was fine.

If its still bothering her tomorrow, then I would ask your doctor to order some x-rays. Much better to know exactly what you're dealing with than guessing.

Hope everything turns out just fine and you have a great time in Houston.

Update

PTL,

Cait is going to be fine. It is just a mild sprain. She should be back at the gym on Monday... (phew).

I want to thank everyone for their prayers and well wishes. It is great to be in such fantastic company with all of you CB'ers. My wife and I really appreciate it. Cait's spirits were flying high today.. Now if only Ohio State could have won.. Oh well, I guess I can't have everything...:):)

Glad to hear that it was just a minor injury!!! Hope Cait feels all better at her next practice and has fun getting ready for Houston. :)

That's awesome!! What a relief! I was just about to post and ask for an update:)

Bean will be so happy to hear that Cait's on the mend. She was horrified by the situation. These girls are extremely understanding, I think they all recognize how many factors are at play for success.

Good Luck to Cait in Texas!!! I'm sure she'll blow everyone away!

Well isn`t that wondeful news. It is so wonderful for us to share in Cait`s success and also to follow her journey to the ranch.

I am so sorry to hear about her ankle and the terrible timing. We will send happy, healing thoughts her way and keep her in our prayers. Gymnasts are tough cookies, she will heal quickly!

I was just going to post for an update and y'all beat me to the punch! I am so happy it is just a sprain and nothing is broken. Cannot wait to hear about the trip to Houston.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back