Need some luck and a fairy

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmomntc2e6

Moderator/Proud Parent
Hi all.

DD has a meet tomorrow morning. It is about 1 hour 45 min away and we have to be there at 7:45am :eek:. Due to other commitments we cannot go tonight and get a hotel - which means we have to get up and be on the road by 6:00am :eek:.

I think I need the " Help us go to sleep early, get up early, lets not all be cranky and still have a good meet fairy" :wizard: And maybe the coffee fairy.

If you see her could you send her my way !!

OK, sending the sleep-well, wake up bright-eyed & bushy-tailed fairy, the latte fairy, and the have a super-duper meet fairy! ;)

Then, send them all to us for next Sunday, 'cause we are doing the same thing--7:45 arrival time, over-one-hour drive etc.! :cool:

Good Luck to your DD, My little gymmie would rather get up early than to stay in a hotel. You get to sleep in your own bed and really by the time you eat and get checked out you are almost getting up at the same time. The drive also will go quick and may get your DD focused and awake.:rolleyes:

I will be sending you the multi-pak fairy starter kit, use as described on the package, they can help in any situation!:D

Have a blast tomorrow......

Sending the miracle fairy your way;) Hope DD has a wonderful meet and tell us how it goes.

Best wishes for an early rise and things to go your DD way.

Even though you have to be up so early, I think my DD would be jealous as she will not start competing until December. She is ready to get out there now.

I much prefer when they let meets start at 9:00. Oh well, I hope it is a relaxing ride in the a.m. with good results!

Results

Well, the sleep well fairy did not show up (for me at least :p ) Then I got car sick :( this caused the coffee fairy to be jobless. By the end of the meet I was feeling better then I had to get back in the car - I was so sick by the time we got home - URGH.

The meet did not go very well - I should not complain. DD placed on everything but all of her scores went down. Her lowest of the season. We were sitting right by bars and when they were warming up DD said "I don't understand what is wrong" I asked what she meant and she said "I am just not doing well"

Vault - 9.050 - 2nd place
Bars - 8.675 - 2nd place
Beam - 9.000 - 3rd place
Floor - 8.875 - 4th place

AA - 35.475 - 2nd place

Good news was they gave trophy's for 1, 2 & 3rd place AA - so DD has another to add to her collection.

Entire team did not do as well as they usually do. Not sure what it was. Maybe it was the getting up too early to be there by 7:45. Oh well. One more meet then the Season Finale (kinda L3 State Meet - our state does not have L3 State Meet so this gym kinda made it's own - not official or anything but must have a 33 AA to qualify).

Well if either of my DD's places as well as your little one I'll be throwing a happy party for them.

She should be very proud, but also she manged to work through when she felt that things were not going so well.

I never mind when scores are lowere across the board, only when one childs scores seems to be oddly low.

Great job...

Ack! Sorry about the car sickness.:( On the upside, glad to see your DD place and add another award to the collection.:D

Well if either of my DD's places as well as your little one I'll be throwing a happy party for them.

She should be very proud, but also she manged to work through when she felt that things were not going so well.

I never mind when scores are lowere across the board, only when one childs scores seems to be oddly low.

Great job...

Thanks Bog,

Don't get me wrong - we are VERY happy for her and VERY proud of her. Just a bit of a bummer to go from 1st place team at every meet we have done to last !! She does not even really care about the scores. Sometimes I wish she would a little. Last night she asked " Is there a 10?" :eek: I said "um, yeah - that is what you are all trying to get !!" Then she said "If I got one would HC scream?" I replied "If you got one EVERYONE would scream !!" :p

So sorry that you had a rough morning.Sounds like she is having fun rackin up those trophies.My dd only has 1 meet in the season that they could get a trophy and lets just say her count is 0.My dd does not dwell on her scores either and I am glad she does not at this point I have seen girls get all upset if they do not get a 9.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back