Parents Need some positive vibes, thoughts, prayers -- whatever you can send our way!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Pirouette

Proud Parent
DD17 is a senior and has States on Thursday.

Her school went back in person 4 days per week with all students starting last Monday. Prior to that they went only 2 days per week with 1/2 the students each day, so it was much easier to social distance (per the rules of quarantining) in the classroom. Since Monday, every day has seen multiple positive cases reported, and a bunch of students are now in quarantine (forced to stay home from school) for up to 10 days each (based on day of exposure). DS15 is one of those who has been forced to stay at home. No one else in the family is required to quarantine.

With States in 4 days, I am praying that she makes it through this week without either being called a close contact and being forced to quarantine, or even worse, getting covid. I know it sounds selfish, but she has only had 1 meet this year, and I really, really want her to have this last hurrah with her gym and teammates.

So if you can please send us your most positive thoughts and energy, we would appreciate it very much!!

(I debated posting in the coronavirus forum, but this is more me as a parent, anxious for my child.)

Anyone else going through something similar?

Just had a friend text me that they are pulling their senior from in person to do virtual for the week as cases are up at their high school and States is Friday. Mine had to quarantine as a contact trace last month it is stressful to say the least. Hang in there.

Sending positive thoughts your way!! My daughter competes Thursday as well. She has been virtual all year. But changes to in person learning early April. DD2, who is also returning to in person learning in April, does not have her state meet until the end of April. So I'm sure I will be stressing much more later in April worrying about COVID related issues. Such a balancing act right now... Hang in there!

Sending positive thoughts! I hope it works out ok! Definitely stressful. :( My daughter goes in person starting tomorrow for only the second week since a year ago. State meet is on Sunday. But she isn't a senior, so not nearly as much riding on it.

Personally I think our schools rules are irrational. I go by CDC recommendation and testing. They can keep my kid out of school but any where else..... between me and the DOH...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back