Parents Need the Kip fairy over on this end.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

born2flip06

Well DD went for open gym today to work on getting her kip. She is soooooooo close just needs to get a little bit more strength to get above the bar. She is 6 and is a level 4, and a level 6 team girl came over to her and asked her how old she was and what level she was and just kept telling her how good she was and how she couldn't believe she almost has her kip and that just made her work even harder. Her coach was working so hard with her but by the end of the day she just didn't quite get it. She said before we left "next week mom, I'll do it for sure!" I couldn't be more proud of her and couldn't stop hugging her but you can see the frustration on her little face she wants that skill so bad. So if anyone knows where the kip fairy is send her our way for a little girl who really needs her. She is so determined to get it I know it won't be long. :)

I have not seen the kip fairy - but good luck to DD on her kip. I am sure someone here has seen the kip fairy.

That's great determination! High-Five to your DD!!

Scary thing is...what happened after she gets it? Double back layouts on the living room floor? :O

Sending her kip fairy dust and hoping she finally gets it!! DDs best gym friend has been so close for awhile. I keep hoping she will finally get it. It is such a big skill.

My DD has her kip, so we will gladly send it over to you! She also did some (not consitant because not practiced too often) as a 6 year old last year. Just watched the older girls and wanted to "be like them". I never even realized why everyone was making such a big deal out of it at the time. Anyway, she now has it and loves to show it off whenever possible & can't wait til L5 to do it for real, LOL

With my limited gymnastics knowledge it seems to involve the upper body strength along with timing and some practice. If your DD is like mine and gets that determination, she'll have it in no time. It really is a HUGE skill and when they get it they feel like an Olympic gold medalist.

<throwing a handful of kip fairy dust your way>

It took shawn johnson over a year to get her kip. I wouldn't worry about it too much. My oldest got it and then lost it for a year. My youngest got it in May and it hasn't been seen since. It will come when it comes!

I know it is frustrating, but it is just one of those skills. Let it be and it will come. They really do not need more pressure!

I will send her some kip fairy dust, it might help, but time will help too.

I hope the kip fairy comes your sweet and hard working dd's way as soon as possible;)
She will definitely get that kip working that hard at it:)
What a cute story to share too:)
Thank you:)

She has tried a back tuck off the couch onto some cushions from our other couch and I caught her doing it and about fell over. I told her not to do it at home, she can only do that at the gym with her coach spotting her. She is the one who will give me all my gray hair.

LOL, I have one at home just like her. She was the entertainment after my sons baseball games, running out onto the nice "squishy like a gym floor" landscaped field. Visions of her breaking her neck made make her PROMISE to save it all for the gym. I tell her over and over again "mommy pays a lot of money for you to spend a lot of time to do THAT at the gym"

I'm jealous! I wish we could do some open gym, but it is mostly on Saturdays following our long 4 hr practice. I just can't allow a very tired but excited 7 yr old to attempt new skills then. I wish they changed to an "off" day.

I tell you, that kip fairy is one of the most fickle fairies out there! She teases and flirts and hints at arriving, for EVER so long! She took a long while to finally visit my dd also, back in L4/5! But she WILL come, I promise! She jut likes to play 'hard to get'! :rolleyes:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back