Parents NETTYPA were you at my gym yesterday???

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Blackie6

Proud Parent
There were a group of very adorable girls practicing with one of our coaches yesterday! When we first came in for practice and saw the different leos we thought they were the new recruits for L4 team since we were vacating our positions soon, LOL, come to find out they guest visiting from your gym! Not sure if it was your L4 team or L5 team though because I didn't stay very long.

There were a group of very adorable girls practicing with one of our coaches yesterday! When we first came in for practice and saw the different leos we thought they were the new recruits for L4 team since we were vacating our positions soon, LOL, come to find out they guest visiting from your gym! Not sure if it was your L4 team or L5 team though because I didn't stay very long.

Yes, that was us!!! I saw your dd, too!!! I heard her coach say her name and I'm like, there can only be one with that name! And sure enough, there she was and I recognized her right away. I would've looked for you but the parents weren't there.

It was my dd's level 5 team. We had a boys meet at our gym from Friday to last night. So, they were missing out on 2 whole practices and we have a meet next weekend. Originally our coach was going to only take our 'bar stars' (girls that scored 9.0 or above on bars) to a special 'clinic' as he called it. Well, I kind of raised a stink about it because the majority of the girls haven't done that yet and doesn't he think it would be advantageous for all of them to go?? Well, I think I must've gotten to him, and I don't think I was the only one, either. It just didn't seem fair.

Anyway, the coach from your gym was so awesome, the girls loved him. He's been friends with our coach for years. It was really great of him to let us come out there, even though it was a bit of a drive. DD said she really had a great time.

Sorry I didn't get to meet you, though! I'll let you know if we ever do it again!

What you mean you didn't wander about the gym shouting "Blackie6, Blackie6 come in Blackie6"?

Bwahahahah

This CB world is shrinking with us in it!!!

Bog ~ It's funny, I almost did that, but there were only like 3 parents in there and I saw them waving to their dd's so I knew she wasn't there. Oh, well, some day!

YOU STINKER! You were there??? Why didn't you yell Blackie??? I was there at the end for pick up...we were laughing our you know what's off at the game they were doing with the ropes...the tarzan swings from rope to rope. Your girls were so good at figuring out how to get it done. So who was sore from swinging into the semi-padded poles?

Yes, Miss Jemma was there...she has been wearing her heel cup brace for practice and should be able to finally vault this week. She did do some floor stuff on Sat her coach said for the first time. She loves tramp time with Kevin the most though...that is our coaches brother and he is a trampoline champ! Did you guys get a chance to do that too?

We were on the opposite seating area by the locker room. Did you like how COLD our gym was? It's usually polar bear cold in there but the other day the heat broke and our girls missed practice all together it was too cold.

Yes, you had Ben and he is our upper level coach. Our girls don't get him too much but he is a sweetie! I am so mad at you for not saying anything though. I could have at least given your group a map of fun things to do in the area...lots of shopping or brought you something hot for your time in the Arctic, LOL

How long was the trip? One of our moms moved out close to the PA border and she wanted to check into your gym since it is taking her about 40 minutes or longer to get her DD to practice.

Barge! That is so cool that you two "almost" got to meet, lol.

Blackie - I noticed that your gym is hosting Level 8 States this year. Will you be there? (OK, I'm assuming that I will be, but you never know, lol).

Barge! That is so cool that you two "almost" got to meet, lol.

Blackie - I noticed that your gym is hosting Level 8 States this year. Will you be there? (OK, I'm assuming that I will be, but you never know, lol).

We are hosting it, but it is not going to be in our gym exactly. Our new gym is a little smaller than our old one and so I believe they are using the Sports Academy next door. That building is right behind ours and much bigger. I hope I can work the meet...will help with assesment fees. Even if can't work a shift, I'll come just to watch your DD and meet up with you OK? Granny will be there too...maybe if I'm lucky I can see both of you.:D

If my DD makes it, I think both mine and Granny's will be in the same age group/session. I would love to meet you both! I'm glad the location is close, you're only about 45 mins from our house! We will have to travel to South Jersey for Little Monkey's Lvel 5 States.

What you mean you didn't wander about the gym shouting "Blackie6, Blackie6 come in Blackie6"?

Bwahahahah

This CB world is shrinking with us in it!!!

Bog, you are your own party girl!

Seriously, I wish she had sent me a PM or something....we could have gone to lunch...and I wouldn't have minded if she said "is Blackie here"?

Granny checkin' in here!

Yes we will be at States - I was curious about location too. I do know that it can't be held at a gym anymore, it has to be an outside facility. (Being Meet Director, I find crap like this out.) I think it dates back a few yrs when Henderson's was hosting L6 States and didn't realize how many L6 girls there were (my dd was a L6 that yr) and at the last minute realized that they didn't have the room and struggled to find a place and at the last minute it was held at David Brearly HS. It all worked out in the end, but I think because of that it can't be held in a regular gym anymore. Plus L8 States are the same weekend as L9 & L10 States too also being hosted by Blackie's gym.

Gymmonkeymomma - Your heading to Washington Twp HS, that's were L5 States are. That's about 30 minutes South of me. I think they do a great job of hosting that meet, Atlantic Coast has their act together.

As for being in the same age group at States, I think when you go to Sectionals this weekend you will see the competition is pretty stiff in the girls age group. I know that usually it is that younger group that is killer, but I think the 12 yr old group is pretty tough this yr. I guess they all are though. ;)

GL at Sectionals this weekend and Blackie, I'm glad to hear that your dd is on the mend and getting back to her old ways! :p She has to get that new vault down, that's a big transition.

Blackie ~ I'm such a dork! I probably did see you, I was sitting there watching the rope game! Oh, man! My dd was the first little one to get across the first half of the ropes. I don't think she thought to grab onto that post. It was very comical to watch. You probably saw my son, too. He was sitting out in the waiting area watching a movie.

Yes, it was very cold in there!! And I was wearing my jacket most of the time! I don't think the girls seem to mind it. And yes, they had a blast on the trampoline. That guy's nuts!:eek: Grabbing onto the i-beam like that. Scared the you know what out of me!

It took us about an hour and 15-20 minutes to get there. If your friend lives anywhere near the Phillipsburg area, she can actually get to our gym within 30-40 minutes. We have a bunch of people that come from Jersey, though I'm not sure which part. Having I-78 there really makes it a quick trip.

I did see Jemma was wearing her ankle thingy. I'm glad she'll be back 100% soon!

I definitely would've sent you a PM had I known it was your gym we were going to. I did not realize that's where your dd went. Definitely next time, if there ever is one! And, if your ever out our way, you do the same!

Granny checkin' in here!

Yes we will be at States - I was curious about location too. I do know that it can't be held at a gym anymore, it has to be an outside facility. (Being Meet Director, I find crap like this out.) I think it dates back a few yrs when Henderson's was hosting L6 States and didn't realize how many L6 girls there were (my dd was a L6 that yr) and at the last minute realized that they didn't have the room and struggled to find a place and at the last minute it was held at David Brearly HS. It all worked out in the end, but I think because of that it can't be held in a regular gym anymore. Plus L8 States are the same weekend as L9 & L10 States too also being hosted by Blackie's gym.

Gymmonkeymomma - Your heading to Washington Twp HS, that's were L5 States are. That's about 30 minutes South of me. I think they do a great job of hosting that meet, Atlantic Coast has their act together.

As for being in the same age group at States, I think when you go to Sectionals this weekend you will see the competition is pretty stiff in the girls age group. I know that usually it is that younger group that is killer, but I think the 12 yr old group is pretty tough this yr. I guess they all are though. ;)

GL at Sectionals this weekend and Blackie, I'm glad to hear that your dd is on the mend and getting back to her old ways! :p She has to get that new vault down, that's a big transition.

Thanks Granny :) I remember that year as we were at L6 states too. The year before, if you remember Level 5 States we were jammed into Henderson's gym and had to RUN thru the POURING rain to get to the other gym where the awards were held!!!

Went to L5 States with Little Monkey last year - I liked the venue. We stayed at a hotel just up the road and ate at McD's for dinner, she thought it was such an adventure, lol.

The tough competition in our age group....this has been the same group of kids that DD has been with since Level 4 LOL. Each year she falls further down in the pack :(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back