Neutral News (not meant to be a political discussion)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Thank you for the information- I didn’t realize it was British, and you don’t know what you don’t know. I’m glad I learned something new. I still think it leans oddly libertarian- slightly conservative on financial issues and slightly liberal on social. I still read it, I just don’t see it completely neutral.

Thank you for the information- I didn’t realize it was British, and you don’t know what you don’t know. I’m glad I learned something new. I still think it leans oddly libertarian- slightly conservative on financial issues and slightly liberal on social. I still read it, I just don’t see it completely neutral.

I often joke with my US friends, that even your democratic candidates are more right wing than our most right wing candidates in Canada.

So you have to imagine that the Economist is written in a place where there is a national health service for all, there is a strong social safety net and there is no gun ownership etc. So any article they print will clearly be oddly left to most American's, even the lefties, even without that being the intention. The USA is an unusual place when compared to the UK by UK folk.

Last edited:
This chart is laughable. The biggest problem is that there is very little straight forward reporting anymore. In this 24/7 news cycle, almost everything is commentary, not news. 30 years ago, you could know that an anchor was left/right (almost always left) but you would never know it because it was all fact based. who, what, where, when, how. Not so much anymore. Best advice is to read left, right, center and then make your own decisions.
I wish I could like this a million times. Tim Russert is rolling over in his grave........
Its why I suffer through the never ending "updates". So I can listen to what is actually being said before both sides rip it out of context to suit their narrative.

I think network news, which nobody watches anymore, is still less opinionated than cable news, and when they comment it seems more clear it is their own personal feeling like an after comment vs part of the reporting. It isn't as detailed, usually. Cable news weave opinions in the reporting and the interviews are so predictable. You already know the right will say this and left will say that. I can write it before they even speak, no need really to watch any interviews LOL. WSJ could lean right or left, depending on the topic, but always falls within a range and never too overt, unlike cable news. Just my opinion (pun)!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back